| WPA Prayer Concerns
We are now just two months from the World Prayer Assembly. Your prayers have been a sustaining and encouraging force for us. We know that without your support in this way, we could be dead meat in the spiritual battle that rages against us and this “once in a generation” gathering of praying people from around the world.
Here are some key issues for the last weeks before the WPA:
1. That those God wants to come to Jakarta will respond to His voice and register in the next month. The deadline is April 14. Pray that they will come from every nation and region of the world- adults, youth and children.
2. We are hoping to raise additional funding to help up people with subsidies for their accommodations and ground transport and some with partial travel help. Please pray that donors will respond now and provide all that is needed.
3. Pray for the many speakers, facilitators and worship teams that they will be anointed and prepared to play their part at the WPA. We want to follow a new/old paradigm of letting the Lord guide and speak as He did in Acts 13 to the five leaders at Antioch. Pray that we may have special wisdom and sensitivity to know how to do this effectively in both the plenary and track sessions.
4. The Indonesian national committee needs our prayer as they seek to bring together the very challenging and detailed logistics- hotels and other accommodations, ground transport involving many buses and program details. It is a huge undertaking; please pray for them regularly.
5. The May 17 national stadium event will link the 100,000 participants live to over 350 cities within Indonesia with an estimated audience of 5 million and then many millions of others throughout the world through satellite TV and Internet streaming. Please pray for an anointed, powerful program that is being developed now and for excellent collaboration with Christian and secular media outlets.
6. We all need His protection both physically and spiritually as we move into these last weeks and during the WPA as well. The evil one wants to hinder such a global prayer tsunami from happening, of course, and we must not underestimate his resolve to disrupt it. Pray for unity, love and humility among the Indonesian committee and our international coordination team.
7. Finally, pray that the WPA will be used of God to fulfill His purposes and to be a vehicle for world revival and breakthrough in mission. Here is below is a word that Leslie Keegel, one of our IPC colleagues, gave to us during a planning session a few weeks ago. Let’s pray accordingly.
Thanks so much for standing with us for the final push to the WPA.
Yours in Christ,
John Robb (on behalf of the WPA International Coordination Team)
No results. Please search again.