| World Prayer Assembly- Momentum Building!
It was a joy to be back in Indonesia a couple weeks ago with a team of five Christian brothers and to see all the progress being made in preparations for the World Prayer Assembly. Here is a brief update with some high points from what the Indonesians shared with my colleagues and me:
· The Indonesians have already mobilized the believers in 217 cities to take part in prayer for the nation and the WPA. They expect that people in 300-400 cities in this diverse island nation will end up participating and that 5 million or more will join in an evening of united prayer and celebration during the nationally televised broadcast from the Jakarta stadium on May 17.
· As part of the WPA process, they are launching the “My Home” initiative in which an estimated 15 million Christians will adopt their own streets for prayer followed by loving service to their neighbors such as planting trees, cleaning up garbage, etc. This will go on for the next two years. They were inspired by word of a similar prayer effort for Newark, New Jersey in the USA, one of the most dangerous cities in the nation in the nation until united prayer contributed to a large drop in the crime rate between 2006 and 2008.
· Indonesian youth have their own initiative beginning February 3 to bless the five cities of greater Jakarta with free medical treatments and building public toilets in combination with prayer. Then on February 18, 5000 youth, children and adults- tri-generational just like the WPA and connected with it- will surround the national stadium, holding hands in prayer for the launch of “My Home” with government officials and the media taking part.
· Our Indonesian colleagues recognize the need to be humble and prayerful before the Lord in the run-up to the WPA so they have already been engaging in a lot of intercession, prayer walking and fasting for many months and they will ramp this up considerably during the 100 days before, beginning February 4. Their vibrant, always increasing prayer movement includes fifty-two 24/7 “prayer towers” that never shut down, continually manned by intercessors. There are almost 1100 “prayer bases” where believers and leaders gather at least once per week to pray together. In addition, 2000 will continue to gather once per week in Jakarta to pray for the WPA until it happens May 14-18.
Here are some key concerns they are focusing on and that we hope you will also join us in prayer for:
1) That the people the Lord is calling from every nation will be able to come to the WPA. (See Isaiah 5:26 where the Lord whistles for the distant nations to come.)
2) For many hundreds of children and youth from all 12 world regions to be able to take part.
3) Financial provision for the WPA to be abundantly supplied and for each participant needing to raise funds to travel to Indonesia.
4) Humility, joy, unity and the anointing of the Holy Spirit during the planning process for the Indonesian committee, the Korean co-hosts and all of us working on the program and logistics. March 27-29, the Indonesian leaders will gather to seek the Lord and “throw down their agendas” before Him in special preparation.
5) Continued favor of the political authorities and the people of Indonesia as well as protection for the WPA venues and His special grace for the authorities to come up with creative, effective solutions for Jakarta’s legendary traffic problem.
6) The great wave of the Spirit, a true tsunami of revival and transformation, to be released upon us during the WPA in a “new Pentecost” that will flow to all of Indonesia and the nations
Thanks so much for praying with us! Come and join us in the wonderful prayer revival that is sweeping Indonesia! You can register and get more information about the World Prayer Assembly at www.wpa2012.org.
Dr. Leslie Keegel, John Robb, Pastor Niko, Tom Victor and Dr. Bambang Widjaya outside the Sentul City International Convention Center, site of the World Prayer Assembly
Report from Leslie Keegel on Indonesia and the WPA
I was privileged to visit Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur during 14 - 21 January with John Robb and Tom Victor. The brothers and sisters in Jakarta are filled with great enthusiasm about what God is doing and saying to them. I was greatly blessed with the prayer emphasis of the Indonesian Church. The Pastors and other Christian leaders are setting aside everything else to concentrate on united prayer. I was very blessed to observe the prayer towers they were conducting. A number of Churches in a given city unite to start prayer towers and they make sure that these towers have intercessors 24/7 praying for a Holy Ghost move in their cities. We were so blessed to witness children weeping before the Lord as they prayed. Children gathered around us John Robb, Tom Victor, me and a few other visitors to intercede for us, they wept as they prayed for us, it was such a special moment for me. The Church is very excited about the great move of God like a new wave about to sweep across Indonesia and the whole world. They believe that it is going to start during the World Prayer Assembly.
John, Tom and I were able to visit a few people of wealth and influence in the city to share about the World Prayer Assembly. We believe that God spoke to them and He will make them instruments of blessing to help with the needs of the World Prayer Assembly and the Global Prayer movement.
While in Malaysia, we were able to meet with a politician who is a born again believer. As we shared about the World Prayer Assembly with him he was very positive about it. We are believing that he would be able to be a part of the event in May 14 - 18. We were also able to meet with a group of Pastors and Christian leaders on the same evening to talk to them about the World Prayer Assembly. Everyone was very positive about it, most of them are hoping to participate.
Prophetic words given to Leslie Keegel concerning WPA 2012
Shared during Indonesia ministry visit in mid-January by Dr. Leslie Keegel, vice-chairman of the Foursquare International church movement and member of the IPC leadership team:
The theme for WPA 2012 is the “New Wave”. Years and years of prayer are bringing about a new birth in the womb of the church. There is a birthing of a new global movement spiritually out of Indonesia. The birthing mechanism is the World Prayer Assembly. There is a huge tsunami, through which demonic institutions and principalities will be challenged. The new wave will overtake them by surprise. All the heavy, concrete, deeply grounded, demonic- influenced institutions will crash and the move will be more powerful than ever before. All the debris of darkness will be washed away. National demonic deities that have corrupted the nations and oppressed the people – these powers are going to be challenged and the power of God will emerge.
A mountain of prophesy from God will emerge. His people will be in the right places. Unreached people groups will come to the Lord. I had dreams at 2:00 or 3:00 am in the morning and this is what I saw:
· I saw crescendos of praise over the nations and bursting things apart.
· Angels come in between the people and their praises. Angels lifted up their prayers to a new level.
· I saw God touching people. Creative miracles never seen before will be released. The joy is ecstatic. There is dancing and rejoicing. There is liquid love. So pure.
· I saw chains breaking. Blindness and numbness in peoples’ minds and ears will be broken. I saw the Lord dealing with oppression and poverty. The Lord confronts the Spirit of Poverty and Oppression. These are spirits.
· We will be wiser in the things of Spirit. We will have new discernment over the power of the oppressors. There will be a new move of compassion. These are being conceived in the womb of the churches of Indonesia.
A new Pentecost, a new unleashing of the power of the Spirit, another level of empowerment. And from the tsunami in this land, entrenched power of darkness over the nations will be swept away.
No results. Please search again.