U.S. Presidential Address to Planned Parenthood
Recently, Planned Parenthood®, the nation's leading abortion seller, held its annual national conference. And for the first time in history, a sitting president delivered the keynote address.
President Obama was not subtle in his support for the organization that already receives more than $500 million a year from taxpayers en route to committing one-third of the nation's abortions. He spoke against reasonable restrictions to abortion, including state laws requiring parental involvement for minors and informed consent for adults. These "absurd" protections, he said, make "you want to make sure you're still living in 2013”…
Obama praised Planned Parenthood® with an unqualified endorsement but has totally ignored the criminal murder charges against Philadelphia abortionist Kermit Gosnell, who is standing trial on multiple counts of murder in the deaths of babies born alive after abortions as well as one pregnant woman.
This is the same president who has disregarded religious freedom, requiring non-profit organizations, charities and for-profit business owners with strong religious beliefs to pay for contraceptives and possible abortion-causing drugs in employee healthcare plans.
Obama says pro-life forces want to return the nation to the 1950s. While that certainly was not a good time for the civil rights of African Americans or workplace opportunities for women, it was a much better time for survival if you were a preborn baby. It was a time when we didn't abort a million of our children each year, when women weren't widely exploited by pornography, when sex trafficking was unheard of and divorce was rare.
The president ended his speech by saying, "God bless you" to Planned Parenthood®. Let's pray that God will so radically impact the hearts of our leaders that our prevailing policies will protect the innocent and restore religious freedom—so that our nation can once again be one that God can bless.”
For faith and the family,
Senior Vice President, Government & Public Policy
Please pray for the protection of the unborn children. Satan wants to rob them of life in the womb when they are most defenseless. Each one of these children has the wonderful potential God, their Creator, has put within them.
Evangelical Colleges Inching Toward Affirmation of Homosexuality in the USA
A recent article on the CNN Belief Blog highlighted the trend of Evangelical colleges inching toward culturally acceptable views of homosexuality. The article highlighted Wheaton College, which in February established an official group for “students to explore questions of gender identity and sexual orientation.” Although Wheaton College receives the most attention because of its prominence, other Evangelical schools are making similar moves…
Christian institutions will have to clearly address homosexuality as the culture increasingly affirms it and more people within the Church openly struggle with same-sex attraction. It is understandable that administrators at these schools recognize the challenges Christian students experiencing same-sex attraction face and want to help and disciple them. At the same time, historically faithful Christian academic institutions should recognize that the ultimate goal of establishing groups expressly for students who identify as LGBT is to legitimize the idea that one’s “sexual orientation” is an inherent and defining characteristic of his personhood.
Christian colleges are communities of young people who are figuring out who they are and what direction their lives will take. They are made up of broken, human people struggling with innumerable sins, all needing discipleship, mentorship, and guidance. Homosexuality is one among many issues students face, and should be addressed with genuine Christian love. Our culture is confused about what it means to be human, and uniquely a man or woman and the Church ought to be a light of clarity amid the chaos. Although a campus is not a church, these institutions play a key role in shaping their students’ lives and they are responsible to clearly teach and equip Christian students to follow God’s design for their lives, including their sexuality.
Please pray that Christian colleges and their administrations will be strong in not compromising biblical values in the face of such pressures from the homosexual community and a culture that is disintegrating morally.
Before the High Court – Protecting Marriage in the USA
This next week, the United States Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on two of the most significant legal challenges to marriage in our nation’s history.
Hollingsworth v. Perry will be heard on March 26 and centers around California’s Proposition 8, a statewide marriage amendment – much like Arizona’s – which passed in 2008 to constitutionally define marriage as only the union of one man and one woman.
United States v. Windsor will be heard the following day and concerns the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). This law defines marriage as the union of one man and one woman for purposes of federal law and says no state can be forced to recognize a same-sex union from another state.
If there’s anything we’ve learned from the Supreme Court in recent years, it’s that it is impossible to speculate what the court will do in either of these cases. Yet there is no denying that the decisions from these two cases – which typically are announced by June 30 – will have serious impact on the battle to protect marriage and therefore our country’s future.
The fundamental question that the court will be considering in both cases is this: does marriage, defined as the union of one man and one woman, serve a compelling governmental interest? Or to put it another way, does marriage benefit society?
The most important thing we can do now is pray. Pray for our friends and allies defending these laws in court and pray for wisdom and courage for the nine justices to do what is right.
Center for Arizona Policy
Collegiate Day of Prayer—Please pray with and for the students of the USA!
Right now 656 campuses have been adopted, with 497 communities and churches praying in 367 cities. All 50 states will have someone praying on February 28, 2013!
Here are two examples of how ministries are promoting the CDOP:
1. 24-7 Prayer http://www.24-7prayer.com/features/1955
2. Mom’s in Prayer (V&S Leader Julie Loos)
Collegiate Day of Prayer
Call to Prayer re. the Supreme Court, Sexual Immorality and the USA
In 1973 Roe v. Wade stunned the American Church and in many ways, took her by surprise. For 40 years now we have been battling to remove this plague of Abortion from our land. What we wouldn’t all give to be able to wind back the clock and have a do-over! It’s way easier to stop a strong man before he gets into your house, than to take the house back after he’s made it his stronghold.
We know God hears prayer, holds the hearts of kings in his hands, and honors our supplications as much as Elijah's! If it were December 13, 1971 again and the Oral Argument of Roe vs. Wade were being held at the Supreme Court, to what length would we go to mobilize prayer for those nine Justices? Considering the cost of 55 million lives since, I'm sure we all would bring everything to a grinding halt to pray for the nine “Supremes”.
My friends, the Roe v. Wade of our generation has come upon us. March 26 & 27, the Supreme Court will hear cases Hollingsworth v. Perry and United States v. Windsor. Both cases are really Sexual Immorality v. Sanctity of Marriage. Will the Supreme Court of the United States call sexual immorality equal to holy matrimony? This is a spiritual war, and you had better believe we can win it, or we’ve already lost! 40 years later, we have an opportunity to show God that we are different now.
God has spoken and confirmed to our intercession community in DC to mobilize the mobilizers to prayer for the Supreme Court and the sanctity of marriage. God has through a couple of dreams confirmed these things:
Five days of prayer and fasting Feb 18 - 22. Please fast and pray with us.
1. Pray for all the Supreme Court Justices, but specifically for Justice Kennedy. We know that Justice Kennedy will likely be the swing vote on this case.
2. Let’s pray that God would slam the door shut to the spirit of sexual immorality in America and deliver a generation from sexual confusion.
I believe God has given us an opportunity to turn back the clock. If we rise up in prayer, and in faith, I believe God will reverse Roe, too, as we show him that we are a different church 40 years later.
Excerpts from a call to prayer by Jason Hershey
Jason Hershey resides in Washington DC and leads a community of full-time intercessors committed to standing in the Gap for America. He is the founder of David’s Tent DC and Washington House of Prayer. www.davidstentdc.org If you’d like to come and pray on site in Washington DC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NIGHTWATCH 2013: Praying for the USA
In this critical hour in our nation’s history, now, more than ever, we are being called to stand in the gap for America through the NIGHTWATCH. Our nation is being methodically pushed to abort her God‐Given assignments of: being a beacon of freedom, being a hope for struggling nations, being a publisher of the Gospel, and being a true friend and supporter of Israel.
Moreover, the forces of evil are most active in the night, when most saints are sleeping and when the enemy can “gain ground” in the spirit before the break of day. By “holding heaven open” through the NIGHTWATCH, we cast down the enemy’s forces and render his works null and void, AND we cry out for the deliverance of those who have been ensnared by wickedness, setting captives free through the precious Shed Blood of our Savior.
There are countless times in Scripture where the battle has been won OVERNIGHT.
Recall Esther, whose uncle Mordecai went to bed one night, thinking he would be hung the next morning on the gallows Haman was constructing. But, OVERNIGHT, something changed. The gallows meant for Mordecai were used instead to hang the wicked Haman. Recall Jacob, who travailed THROUGH THE NIGHT with an angel, until he received the blessing of our Father. Recall Moses, who led the Israelites OVERNIGHT, through the Red Sea, to safety.
Let’s take the battle, where the battle needs to be taken: at the highest gates of authority in our nation, and at the exact time the battle must be waged. Praise God for His Victory!! Has He not, indeed, designed the strategy of the NIGHTWATCH, “for such a time as this?”
For more information about participating in the Night Watch to pray for the USA, please contact Capitol Hill Prayer Partners (email@example.com)
The Resurrection Movie
The Resurrection is a major motion picture that will tell the story of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the events of the forty days that lead up to his ascension into heaven.
News stories about The Resurrection Project:
More information about the project: http://myresurrectionproject.com/deals/the-resurrection-project/
Executive Producer – David Wood
Let’s pray that the Lord would be glorified in this effort to portray His resurrection. Pray for unity, wisdom and provision for the planning team and for David Wood who is coordinating this effort.
Hollywood Prayer Network
We are excited to start the year praying for the world’s most influential marketplace, and we are so thankful that you’re praying with us! We are calling 2013 the YEAR OF THE HOLY SPIRIT because we are expecting Him to do incredible miracles in our hearts and lives and in the hearts and lives of industry professionals! We know that great things are coming this year, so let’s PRAY…
• Pray for filmmakers and actors during this awards nomination season
• Thank God for HPN being represented at the ATMC event in Florida
• Let’s keep praying for The American Bible Challenge game show
• We praise God for His provision for HPN at the end of 2012
• Pray for Christians outside Hollywood to embrace people inside Hollywood
• Pray for Stephen Colbert, who has gone through great loss in his life
• Pray for the Sundance Film Festival, from January 17 – 27, 2013 in Park City
• Pray for Dick Wolf, Producer of Miami Vice, Law & Order and The Church
• Hollywood is noticing the growing number of believers who go to church
• Please pray for the family and friends of Frank Pastore, who died last month
• Let's pray for Charlie Humbard, the President and CEO of GMC
• Let’s pray for our industry pros to be hungry for God and to seek Him
• Pray with and for the HPN Twin Cities Local Chapter Director, Heidi
• Pray for HPN member, Rene, in Sacramento, who’s going through a tough time
• The National Prayer Committee is gathering this year in Hollywood
• Industry pros: join us for an Experiencing God seminar by Claude King
• HPN member, Jozanne Marie, is opening her one woman show, Beautiful
• The Next Film series offers classes for filmmakers of all disciplines
· Continue to pray for filmmakers and actors as their films and jobs are being nominated by the press, the guilds and the Academy of Motion Pictures, for the many upcoming awards shows honoring the films of 2012. This is the most confusing time of year, as people feel completely crushed or unnaturally elated, based on how their film or work was seen by their peers. For the list of recently announced Oscar nominations, click
· Last week, our HPN Atlanta Local Chapter Director, Cassandra Hollis, represented HPN at a large annual SHINE event that was sponsored by ATMC (Actors, Models & Talent for Christ) in Florida. It was a great success, and Cassandra tells us, “I had a real sense of being a missionary in the field of entertainment. It was a great time of fellowship, and my presentation went well. I was at peace and had an intimate dialogue about the need for more Christians to pray for industry professionals.” We thank God for these opportunities, for AMTC and for Cassandra. If you would like to be a prayer partner/intercessor this year with an entertainment industry professional, email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Let’s keep praying for The American Bible Challenge (Thursdays at 8:00pm ET/PT) as it goes into its second season on GSN (Game Show Network). In its first season, the show brought in the network’s highest numbers in its 17-year history with 1.7 million total viewers for its series premiere and over 13 million total viewers during its run. The success of the show has hit digital and social platforms with the launch of The American Bible Challenge Game for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle and Facebook, with an amazing 8 million+ game plays and 500,000+ users. It’s a phenomenon that a Bible game show would be such the hit! And not only does the show ask historically and Biblically compelling questions, but the contestants all share their back stories, which include many stories of faith, and they all give ALL of their winnings to the charity of their choice! For more information, click
PRAISES: We praise God for His provision. He was so faithful to provide all of HPN’s end-of-the-year financial needs, and we thank all of you who donated as well. We can’t thank you enough for your vision for the media and for your support of HPN. We couldn’t do it without you! Whether you are a long time giver or you just joined our giving team for the first time, we PRAISE GOD FOR YOU!
· Let’s start the year with the prayer that more Christians outside of Hollywood will have a heart for the people here in Hollywood! If the hearts of the Christians outside of Hollywood melt, then they will pray more and have more compassion for the people on the inside, and we will see miracles happen to industry professionals! Softened hearts will also break the barrier that has kept the Church and Hollywood divided for so many decades. May the Church have love and compassion for the Nation’s culture-creators so their lives will change, then their content will change, and then our culture will change! This is a yearlong prayer request!
· Pray for Stephen Colbert, who has gone through a tremendous amount of loss in his life and yet has chosen to have a great attitude. A quote he has on his computer reads, "Joy is the most infallible sign of the presence of God." As you're praying for Stephen, read his full story HERE.
· Pray for the Sundance Film Festival, from January 17 – 27, 2013 in Park City, Utah. It is one of the year’s biggest film festivals where filmmakers, distributors and marketers all gather to see what’s available to pick up for the new year. Please pray for the filmmakers to find the Lord there, for the distributors to be moved by God when choosing what films to buy and for the audiences to be discerning in their choice of films to embrace. And may the Christians there have a beautiful, eternal impact on everyone they encounter. For more information about Sundance, click (http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org/crm/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=389268&qid=948927).
· Pray for Producer Dick Wolf (Miami Vice and Law & Order) and his new show coming out, currently titled The Church. Dick has been controversial in how he represents Christians on his shows, so we want to ask the Lord to melt his heart and reveal to Dick His unconditional love and not the stereotypes that come from people who have been hurt in the past by someone in the Church or in the name of God. HERE’s an editorial with insight on how to pray for Dick Wolf and his upcoming show.
· Hollywood is noticing the growing number of bold believers who are church-going industry professionals. Pray for the strength and depth of faith for the community of Hollywood Christians. May we all find one another and build unity, support, prayer and love. Read a fun list of "Hollywood Churches"
· Please pray for the family and friends of Frank Pastore, who died last month in a tragic accident in Los Angeles. Frank was the host of the Frank Pastore Show on KKLA and a passionate supporter of our Christian community in Hollywood. Frank’s wife, Gina, especially needs our prayers during this time of loss. For more on Frank, click (http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org/crm/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=389271&qid=948927).
· Last month, we prayed for I Forgive You, a new show on GMC. This month, let's pray for Charlie Humbard, the President and CEO of GMC. Charlie has been with GMC for years, and as a Christian, he wants to expand the channel to meet the entertainment needs of all families across the country with films, TV shows and other quality entertainment. May we ask the Lord to give him wisdom, discernment and favor as he builds this cable network. For more about GMC, click (http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org/crm/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=389272&qid=948927).
· Let’s pray for our industry pros to be hungry for God and to take time to hear His voice and sense His direction. We're all too busy here, either working or trying to find work, and we need to take time to sit quietly in God's presence. The hardest thing for us, as artists, is to seek God in solitude! Henri Nouwen says it best:
“It is a great advantage to have a room or a corner of a room…reserved for the discipline of solitude…There we dwell in the presence of the Lord. Our temptation is to do something useful - to read something stimulating, to think about something interesting, or to experience something unusual. But our moment of solitude is precisely a moment in which we want to be in the presence of our Lord with empty hands, naked, vulnerable, useless, without much to show, prove, or defend . . . Although the discipline of solitude asks us to set aside time and space, what finally matters is that our hearts become like quiet cells where God can dwell, wherever we go and whatever we do. The more we train ourselves to spend time with God and him alone, the more we will discover that God is with us at all times and in all places. Then we will be able to recognize him even in the midst of a busy and active life. Once the solitude of time and space has become a solitude of the heart, we will never have to leave that solitude. We will be able to live the spiritual life in any place and any time. Thus the discipline of solitude enables us to live active lives in the world, while remaining always in the presence of the living God.” Henri Nouwen
Thank you for starting out your new year with PRAYER! We are praying that the Lord encourages you and gives you the desires of your hearts this year!
Hollywood Prayer Network email@example.com
USA-Mexico Border: The End of an Era
Saturday, December 1, marks the end of an era as Mexico's President Felipe Calderon steps down and President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto steps in.
While there are always those who stand in disagreement, Calderon leaves making a positive mark in Mexico's history. "I leave having accomplished my duty and responsibility to serve Mexico," he said. "I have worked to leave a stronger, healthier country, with a better justice system and a solid economy."
In his farewell address, the president thanked the country's public officials, military and police for "defending Mexican families." Calderon noted that his government had passed universal health care and kept Mexico's economy stable in the face of the global financial crisis. And in earlier speeches, Calderon has noted that 25 of the country's 37 most wanted drug traffickers were killed or captured during his tenure.
Historically in Mexico, the outgoing president leaves the country for a period of time to allow the incumbent time to settle in. Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government announced Wednesday that the outgoing Mexican president will spend the next year as a global public leaders fellow at the school. "President Calderon is a vivid example of a dynamic and committed public servant, who took on major challenges in Mexico," David T. Ellwood, the school's dean, said in a statement.
In President Calderon's parting words one can see the love and passion he has for his country: "As a citizen, I will continue serving the country passionately until the end of my days, always grateful for the privilege I have been given to be Mexican. Many thanks and see you soon, Mexico."
· Heavenly Father, we praise You for Mexico's many victories over the cartels and the narco terrorism plague during President Calderon's term in office. We thank You for protecting President Calderon and his family and ask that You continue to bring him safety and good success in the next season of his life.
· Father God, we thank You for the good relationship that President Calderon experienced not only with the United States of America but also with BridgeBuilders. We are blessed to have had stood alongside a man of God who understands the power of prayer.
· We pray for President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto of Mexico. Dear Lord. Give him courage to stand strong against organized crime. May He finish the work President Calderon started in ending crime, violence and drug trafficking in Mexico. Surround Mexico's new president and his family with Your protection.
· Give immeasurable wisdom to President Enrique Pena Nieto. May he lead Mexico with integrity, continuing to make her a nation of righteousness and justice.
From: BridgeBuilders Int’l (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tibetan Buddhist Lamas Are Building Sand Mandalas at Two Sites in Southern California
Ari Bhod which is sponsored by the Venice Community Agape International Spiritual Center.
"They shall be turned back and be utterly put to shame, who trust in idols, who say to their molten images, you are gods." Isaiah 42:17
"To whom can I give warning? Who will listen to me? Their ears are closed so they can not hear. The Word of the LORD is offensive to them. They dress the wound of My people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say when there is no peace." Jeremiah 6:14
"O YHWH, the nations have invaded Your inheritance...
The Tibetan sand mandalas being built as offerings to their gods are of particular concern because of their desire to empower connections between the Media and politics through the invocation of powerful demonic entities and territorial possession. We have watched the emergence of Tibetan Buddhism in America over the last twenty-five years and are gravely concerned over the proliferation of Tibetan teams building mandalas coinciding with the 2012 Presidential Election. We have never seen so many made in such a short time, which is a cause for alarm as where ever we've seen them built, disaster is soon to follow. We pray that the harvest will not be spoiled, but that we may still see many souls saved. We pray that the intrigues of the LORD's enemies be their downfall.
A prophecy given by a Kenyan years ago, predicted civil war would soon come to our land. As a Christian he cautioned us not to be involved in bloodshed against our neighbors. We are in fact to pray for and love our enemies as ourselves, a high and holy command from Yeshua, one that is only possible through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. We are to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.
As Christians we know that we battle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in heavenly places. That our weapons are NOT carnal, but spiritual for the pulling down of strongholds. You know the rising dangers of modern sophisticated witchcraft and well organized funded Tibetan Buddhist machinery which is introducing idolatry into America at an unprecedented scale never before witnessed. We have many Tibetan Christian friends who have been persecuted for being followers of Jesus. We long for many more Tibetans to know Yeshua. This demands fervent prayer AND repentance for much of the church has opened the door to the darkness of Tibetan Buddhism embracing it as a cultural and spiritual experience. One cannot take burning coals next to one's chest and not be burnt. Idolatry is expressly forbidden in the Word. Pray for more teaching in the Church against idolatry.
Jeremiah said, "And though the LORD has sent all his servants the prophets to you again and again, you have not listened or paid attention. They said, "Turn now, each of you from your evil practices, and you can stay in the land the LORD gave to you and your fathers forever and ever. Do not follow after other gods to serve and worship them; do not provoke Me to anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you. But you did not listen to Me with what your hands have made and you have brought harm to yourselves." Jeremiah 24:4-7.
1. Pray for repentance for the lack of discernment in the Church, magistrates, and public about the dangers of modern sophisticated idolatry.
2. Pray for the opening of the eyes of those blinded by the enemies of YHWH. Pray against the spread of Buddhism, Islam, secularism and idolatry.
3. Pray for our president that he would be convicted of his sin and come to repentance. Pray for him and his wife and family’s safety, total health.
4. Pray for all those who have won election to public office to be men and women of integrity seeking to serve the people with noble motives.
5. Pray that the people of the US would return to God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength. Pray for the spirit of intercession to fall upon the land.
Edited excerpts from a call to prayer by James Stephens (email@example.com)
Reflection on the Election
Probably many millions around the world were praying for the U.S. election on November 6. Thanks for your prayers for America at this crucial time in her history. Many who prayed were disappointed at the outcome; others may have rejoiced. The following morning, as I reflected over what happened, I felt the Lord was giving me the doxology from Romans 11- “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! “Who has known the mind of the Lord?... For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.”
There is comfort in the fact that if so many were praying, the Lord in His all-encompassing wisdom knows what is best for the country at this time and is giving us the leadership we have received as part of His purpose. Even with expected moves towards what some feel could result in far greater government intrusion and control as well as the further implementation of a globalist agenda for a “new world order”, we can be sure that the Lord’s own agenda is still the one that will overshadow everything on the earthly level. In the ups and downs, the vicissitudes of life and history, He is still the one who holds all things in His hands, bringing about His cosmic purposes for all nations.
We should remember, even if it were to come to a loss of cherished freedoms, that believers throughout history have often lived under oppressive regimes from the time of Egypt’s god-worshipped pharaohs, the idolatrous kings of Israel, many dictatorial Roman emperors, and currently in harshly persecuting states like North Korea or Iran. Wherever in the world we are, God can also bring even tyrannical, egomaniacal leaders to repentance and faith as we pray and speak out for Him. For example, He did this with the proud and self-loving King Nebuchadnezzar through the fearless prophetic ministry of youthful yet courageous Daniel.
Yes, the “whole world is under the control of the evil one” as the apostle John tells us, but his book of Revelation also unveils the fact that the Messiah’s coming will surely follow soon after the most unimaginable evils that the Antichrist can bring with him. Jesus gave us the recipe for dealing with far worse circumstances that will eventually come upon our world, cheering us on with these words: “When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” In other words, instead of fixating on the negative things happening on the human level, look at them as part of the redemptive working of God which will eventually bring Messiah back to reign. His closing word in the same passage is so relevant for us in the prayer movement: “Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.” What a challenge for us all to keep the right perspective and to get ready to appear before the coming King!
Some implications and suggestions:
1) In order to effectively “watch and pray”, don’t be like an ostrich with its head in the sand! Keep informed about political, economic and other significant things happening in your nation and culture so you and others can pray intelligently.
2) Get God’s heart for these situations, listening and praying out what the Spirit gives you, utilizing the perspective and authority of His Word.
3) Unite your prayers with others who share your concerns and intercede specifically.
4) Pray for wisdom, honesty and humility for all those in power that they will come to fear and obey God, even having visions and dreams in the night, and that His guidance will be reflected in their policies and decisions. Speak out boldly yet lovingly to them if you are given the chance.
5) Pray for wisdom, honesty and humility for all those in power that they will come to fear and obey God, even having visions and dreams in the night, and that His guidance will be reflected in their policies and decisions. Speak out boldly yet lovingly to them if you are given the chance.
Words about the U.S. election from outside for your discernment
Ian Cole, one of our IPC leadership team from the U.K. encouragingly wrote:
“The Lord says ‘now is the time for America to pray’. I know that much prayer has gone into the election around the world and certainly here in the UK… In our human frailty, we often stop praying at the end of an intense period of praying. I feel strongly to urge the praying folk in your nation to stand on the Towers of prayer and diligently watch and pray in the coming weeks and months. This is not the time to stop; it is the time to stand strong in God and see Him win the real battle for the soul of your nation. We will stand with you.”
Others wrote to say that it would be a time of judgment and purification. I am including the sobering word from Esther, a prayer leader in China, who was praying for the U.S.A. while her own nation is facing a huge leadership transition. An Indonesian prayer leader with the same name spelled “Ester” also sent a similar word about the spiritual danger that America is in and saying that the hurricane “Sandy” is just the beginning of other woes unless we begin to turn back to the Lord. We all know that God’s love and wrath are two sides of the same coin and many American Christian leaders do discern that He as the loving Father has been giving the country a good spanking through so many natural disasters and other unpleasant developments.
From Esther in China:
“Below is the message I received from the Lord when I prayed for U.S. I cried and cried for America so deeply before the Lord. I send it to you and you can discern it.
‘The Lord says to America, Repent! The Lord’s command for America is to repent! American people, you went astray too far, too far from the Lord and his righteous statutes. You followed the world and all the idols in it, you have forsaken the Lord your God, and God of your fathers. You are like the adulteress, turned to other men and betrayed your own husband who provided you and made you prosper. The Lord himself will bring charges against you. I heard the Lord say to America, ”Does a maiden forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me, days without number.” I feel the Lord’s heart is so broken for that. He is so painful for his people’s adultery. Repent! Oh American people, turn to your fathers’ God, do not sin against him any more. He is your father! He is your Savior and hope!
Open the Bible and check your life according to his words, not the standards of the world. See what you should repent, and see what and how much the American people have sinned against the Lord.
All Americans, humble before the Lord your God! This is the only chance. If you don’t humble and repent, the only and deserving result is disaster and punishment from the Holy One of Israel! This warning is serious from the Lord! You have already experienced some degree of punishment, it’s God’s warning for you: quickly, quickly turn from your sins and darkness, come to light and truth. If you take it for granted or mock at these, if you don’t change your sinful lifestyle and thinking, the bigger and more severe punishment and judgment is waiting for you. He is merciful, but don’t forget, he is the most Holy One, he is just and righteous, and he is the consuming fire! He has already given you the chance for repentance. If you continue to stiffen your neck, there is no excuse when he comes with punishment and fierce anger.
He doesn’t want to destroy you. Actually all he plans for you are peace and blessings because he loves you. But don’t despise and against his holiness anymore! “The Lord Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted, and they will be humbled.” The Lord loves American people so much! He said, come, my sons and daughters, come to father’s heart, come to know me and my heart for you. And you will know how much I love you; don’t forsake me any longer. You are like the prodigal, but I am waiting for you to come back!
Uncover the veil on your face! Remove the blindness in your heart! And you will see me, you will see the truth and know that only me can really satisfy you and give you peace and eternal love. Come to me, and you will be satisfied and you will know that other gods are not gods but idols, what the world is teaching you are totally wrong and that leads you to a ruined and destroyed life and eventually lose your identity, destiny and eternity.
But there is still hope! There is still opportunity! There is still grace and love stored for you!
Repent and let God be God! He will lead you to a new America. Not Obama or Romney or any other person, but God himself! Whoever you choose to be your leaders of this country, if you continue to forsake the Lord your God and his words, the result is the same.
Don’t be like Israelites when in Judges time Israel had no king and everyone did as he saw fit. The Lord God is your king! In every aspect of your society, exalt him and obey him; he will give you new hope and you will see a transformed America filled with his glory, righteousness and holiness! God loves you!
His servant: Esther
The reports have been rolling in all week on the capture of prominent cartel and gang leaders. We salute all those courageous law enforcement and military that successfully captured and arrested these bad guys; but, most of all, we give thanks to our Heavenly Father, who has heard and answered our prayers!
· Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez, known as "El Coss," leader of the Gulf drug cartel, was arrested Wednesday evening in the Gulf port of Tampico. Sanchez controls some of the most valuable and violently contested smuggling routes along the U.S. border. His capture is a major victory in the military battle against drug trafficking, but could open a power vacuum and intensify a struggle south of the Texas border in northeast Mexico, a region that has seen some of the most horrific violence in the country's six-year war among law-enforcement and rival gangs.
· The Mexican navy arrested Mario "El Gordo" Cardenas Guillen, a presumed senior member of the Gulf cartel, on Sept. 3 in Altamira, Tamaulipas state. Mario Cardenas Guillen is the brother of former Gulf cartel leader Osiel Cardenas Guillen.
· On Sept. 2, Mexican federal police arrested David "El Comandante Diablo" Rosales Guzman, alleged Gulf cartel plaza boss, in Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon state, a city and municipality of the Greater Monterrey Metropolitan area. Rosales Guzman is accused of ordering several attacks on bars as well as kidnappings that left at least 19 dead in Monterrey in August.
· Three suspected Hezbollah operatives were arrested in Merida, Mexico, on Sunday, September 9th. Rafik Mohammad al-Laboun is a US citizen and was extradited to the American authorities soon after his arrest by Mexican security forces. Laboun was wanted by the US prior to his arrest. The two other Hezbollah members, Justin Yasser Safa from Belize, and George Abdalah Elders, remained in Mexican custody.
· A high-level member of Mexico's powerful Sinaloa drug cartel was arrested by the Federal Police, the Public Safety Secretariat said. Adelmo Niebla Gonzalez was captured last Thursday in Culiacan, the capital of Sinaloa. Investigators have determined that Niebla Gonzalez smuggled marijuana, methamphetamine and heroin into the United States via the Arizona desert. He was also involved in weapons trafficking into Mexico.
· Three brothers suspected of being leaders of the Jalisco Nueva Generación drug cartel were captured by Mexico's military. Ramon, Rafael and Jesus Alvarez Ayala were arrested last Thursday in a simultaneous operation staged by the army and federal police in the western cities of Guadalajara and Zapopan. Ramon Alvarez Ayala is suspected of being the cartel's No. 2 man, while Rafael Alvarez Ayala is a top member of the drug trafficking organization. Ramon Alvarez Ayala was "the main associate and right-hand man" of top cartel leader Nemesio Oseguera Cervantes, and he was in charge of overseeing the gang's expansion into the central states of Guanajuato and Michoacán.
· Mexican police have captured Ramiro Pozos Gonzalez, a founding member and leader of La Resistencia drug gang based in western Mexico. La Resistencia operates in Mexico City and the states of Jalisco, Michoacán and Mexico. La Resistencia was created in 2010 by former members of the Gulf, La Familia and Milenio drug cartels and later formed an alliance with the brutal Zetas drug cartel.
· Mexican State police have captured Felipe De Jesús Gastélum Castro, aka: "El Vaquero or "El Felipillo", wanted in the killings of several police officers. He is believed to be involved in the executions of over 40 people.
· Lord, we stand in awe of your power and might. We thank you for hearing our prayers and for guiding the authorities in capturing these violent men.
· Father God, in our role as intercessors (standing in the gap), we continue to pray for the dismantling of all drug trafficking organizations (DTOs). We ask You to shine Your light into the dark world of these drug and human traffickers, exposing where they are hiding. Mighty God, give law enforcement the needed insight and direction to capture all DTO members in Mexico and in the USA.
· We call upon You, Mighty God, to break through in this violent war on humanity and bring an end to these criminal organizations. Heal our land and restore godliness, righteousness and justice to Mexico and the USA.
· We ask for Your protection, Merciful God, upon all who are fighting to dismantle the DTOs and murderous gangs.
USA: Prayer for Elections Heating Up
Thank you for your interest in praying for the elections. There are many who believe this is perhaps the most important election in the history of our country. Our moral decline continues to go unchecked. We desperately need revival in the church and a standard of righteousness to be raised up across this country again.
We encourage you to not only pray, but use every bit or your influence to encourage and challenge friends and fellow believers to join you. 40daysofprayer.net can lead you to the resources you need to promote prayer in your spheres of influence.
We are excited at all the pre-election prayer emphases that are being promoted around the country. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of believers are and will be praying for God's purposes to be released over our nation.
Many will be praying with us at 40daysofprayer.net. There are three ways you can participate in what we are promoting for prayer from September 28-November 6. We will be using the guide Desperate for Change: 40 Days of Prayer for America (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/desperate-for-change?utm_source=40+Days+September+Update&utm_campaign=40+Days+September+Update&utm_medium=email) by Dave Butts, chairman of America's National Prayer Committee.
There are three ways to get this guide:
1. Purchase a copy or copies for your church members.
2. Sign up to have it emailed to you each day.
3. Sign up for an RSS feed of the daily guide.
Click Here for More Information: (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/desperate-for-change?utm_source=40+Days+September+Update&utm_campaign=40+Days+September+Update&utm_medium=email)
A Historical Look at How Prayer Turned the Tide in U.S. History
By David Kubal
We all know the verse: "If my people who are called by my name. . . ." Go ahead and finish it. The words are so common they have become a cliché. We have said the verse enough and heard it enough, yet we often look at our country and wonder if our prayers are having any visible effect.
Thankfully, history assures us that this verse is true, and that the powerful Word of God is never simply a cliché. When a nation comes together to pray, fast, and seek the will of God, things do happen.
Read More: (http://www.prayerconnect.net/magazine/premiere-issue/show-me-the-proof?utm_source=40+Days+September+Update&utm_campaign=40+Days+September+Update&utm_medium=email)
Free Downloadable Guides
40daysofprayer.net includes a number of guides from various authors that are available as free downloads.
2012 Election Prayer Guide (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/other-guides?utm_source=40+Days+September+Update&utm_campaign=40+Days+September+Update&utm_medium=email)
40 Days of Seeking God by Greg Frizzell (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/frizzell-prayer-guide?utm_source=40+Days+September+Update&utm_campaign=40+Days+September+Update&utm_medium=email)
An Election Prayer Guide by Sara Ballenger (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/other-guides?utm_source=40+Days+September+Update&utm_campaign=40+Days+September+Update&utm_medium=email)
We encourage you to also explore all the other ministries that are holding various prayer initiatives for the elections. Find the best fit for you and your church.
Please pray for these important remaining debates that could determine the course of the presidential election.
October 22, 2012 Topic: Foreign policy Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Location: Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida (Tickets) Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney. Moderator: Bob Schieffer (Host of Face the Nation on CBS). The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate and will focus on foreign policy.
From Jason Hershey, leader of David’s Tent, a 24-7 worship ministry going on now on the White House Ellipse in Washington, D.C. (See www.davidstentdc.org/)
“These 40 days have been an urgent season, yet a glorious opportunity to call the church to pray! However, this being said, we know to have a "Nine One One God," "call on him when you're in a bind" isn't the fullness of love, though it is part of the glorious opportunities the Father of Lights has given us.
Please prayerfully consider how you and the National Prayer Committee might aid the prayer movement here in DC after November 7. I believe it's imperative to get 24-7-365, a congress, ecclesia, of prayer and that no stagnant hour would remain in DC.
Many prayer initiatives are happening this fall leading up to this presidential election. Many of them are coming to Washington DC, as they should. I want to ask two questions. Why are they coming to Washington DC? Why not just have the prayer gatherings in their local churches where they are from?
Here is how I would answer these questions. I believe it was significant that Jesus made intercession in Jerusalem, not Galilee. I believe it was significant that Daniel opened the window and faced Jerusalem to pray each day. Couldn’t he just pray in his prayer closet? In Deuteronomy chapter 12 God clearly instructs His People that there is a specific location that the nation was to come together to seek the Lord. He is so emphatic that you would think Jesus is a real estate agent, location location location! In the pantheistic culture of the time God clearly raises a standard that there is One Place for the nation to Gather as One Man, to worship One God! This place was finally secured by King David when he conquered the land of the Jebusites and set up Jerusalem as the Capital both governmentally, but also the place where Israel would gather to worship.
In America, I believe it is imperative that a 24/7/365 House of worship and prayer is established in our Capital. I have committed my life to such a task, yet I know that without the participation of believers from all across the country, this task will never be completed.
Americans send representatives from every part of the United States to Washington DC to create law. We know them as Congress. I believe it is time that we assemble the House of Prayer 24/7/365 to continuously minister to the Lord from Washington DC! In spite of the great prayer movement across America, I see it as almost a surprise that we have not a 24/7/365 House of Prayer in Washington DC! At this point, most of the prayer events happening this fall are in the pipeline, meaning they’ve been planned, the ball is rolling, no turning back. My focus has now has turned to this, “What happens November 7?”
Please pray and partner with us as we consider how to establish a long term prayer presence in DC. I’d love to inaugurate a long-term 365 day expression of what’s happened for these 40 days this fall. Let’s dream together, for Jesus’ Glory!
How to pray?
All that is left is the "place of faith." We have the staff we need to admin it here in DC. The Ellipse has been genius of the Spirit because it birthed faith in all the worship teams and worshippers to come and help fuel this throne of praise. If God would release a "place of faith" to house this, I believe America will have a signpost of God's restoration in Washington DC.
David’s Tent DC.
40 Days of Prayer for the USA
It really took me by surprise. I was in Jakarta, Indonesia, for the World Prayer Assembly in May and was excited about hearing from prayer leaders around the globe. But by the end of the first day, God had pulled me completely off my focus and onto His. By the end of the week, I couldn’t wait to come back to the States and give myself fully to the task of calling our nation to pray as never before – to passionately pray for the forty days before our elections!
You see, during the course of that week, God sent six different prayer leaders from six different nations to tell me that they had been mobilizing their intercessors to pray for the elections in the United States! Wow, talk about convicting! If Christians in China, India, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Great Britain were praying for our elections, how could we not? They then graciously posed this question – which I took as a challenge – “Are Christians in America praying?”
As I’ve shared this experience here at home, the response has been incredible. All across the nation, Christian leaders are issuing calls to pray before the elections. Whole denominations, para-church ministries, and individuals are developing powerful websites and tools that point believers to the critical role of prayer. The elections and all of the issues facing our country are obviously a huge touch point and a catalyst to ignite this growing movement to pray.
Ultimately, I believe that God is simply using what’s important to us – the elections, to accomplish what’s important to Him – mobilizing a praying church. His desire is for His people to humble themselves and trust Him to accomplish His purposes in His people. Accordingly, the call to prayer rolling out across the nation is not merely for God to help us select leaders for our country but is a cry of repentance and humility – a plea for revival and longing for righteousness to be established.
I’m convinced that the destiny of our nation is dependent upon the prayer response of the people of God! We must be a people who pray! The call to prayer that America’s National Prayer Committee and many other leaders have issued encompasses and encourages all of the prayer initiatives that we’ve seen the Lord raise up. Simply put, it is a call for all Christians to pray. No programs . . . no required curriculum . . . no big budget . . . just prayer!
As a leader in your church and community, I would like to personally encourage you to raise up a standard with me! For the 40 days between September 28th and November 6th, let’s allow ourselves, our friends, and our congregations to be challenged by the same question that I was asked in May – “Are Christians in America praying?” Let’s get the word out through every means possible, so that millions of Christians in America can join together and answer with one resounding voice, “YES WE ARE!”
May the Lord richly bless your efforts as you lead people to pray!
President, Harvest Prayer Ministries
Chairman, National Prayer Committee
P.S. We’ve created a website called 40daysofprayer.net and have made some great tools available to help engage the millions of believers who will be praying for our nation the 40 days prior to the elections – and beyond. Desperate for Change (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/desperate-for-change) is a powerful, non-partisan, Scripture-based prayer guide to use.
Purchase copies of Desperate for Change (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/resources/desperate-for-change) for you, your small group or congregation. The books are available right now so click here to place your order (http://www.prayershop.org/40-Days-of-Prayer-for-America-p/pin-bud-bk-002.htm). Even though online delivery is inexpensive, we’ve found that more people will pray with a hard copy in their hands!
The content of this guide will also be available free of charge online during the 40 days (September 28 - November 6). Receive each day's entry via email/RSS feed. You can sign up today. There are two different sources that will be running the entries during those 40 days: Connection (http://connection.harvestprayer.com/), the daily devotional of Harvest Prayer Ministries (http://www.harvestprayer.com/) and our Blog at this website (http://www.40daysofprayer.net/blog/topic-articles). Click on a link and sign up to receive them. Feel free to put these links on your website and tell others about it via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/prayforelection) or by email.
Note: We would deeply appreciate your prayers for the USA between now and the national election on November 6 for the 3 Rs - revival, righteousness and right leadership.
State Orthodoxy and the Conscience in the USA
By Rob Schwarzwalder
August 22, 2012
Law Professor John Inazu writes in the USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2012-08-20/HHS-mandate-contraception-evangelicals/57168668/1) that when it comes to the Obama contraception mandate, “The legal challenges implicate an interest that all of us – Catholics and evangelicals, religious and non-religious – should value and safeguard: the right of private groups to dissent from the prevailing state orthodoxy.”
His wonderfully descriptive phrase – “prevailing state orthodoxy” – Is saddening. In a republic where personal virtue is the foundation of our political order and which rests, in Michael Novak’s wonderful phrase, “on two wings” – biblical revelation and natural law, law that is self-evident and accessible to everyone – the idea of there being a “state orthodoxy” is jarring. Yet such orthodoxy exists, which is why the Obama Administration is insisting that Evangelicals and Catholics cast away their consciences (we won’t, by the way).
When the federal government steps in to mandate that persons with reasonable, historic, and deeply held moral convictions must violate them in order to comply with a state dictate, Christians must echo the words of Peter in Acts 5:29: “We must obey God rather than men.”
Prof. Inazu concludes, “the right to differ protects moral choices that lack government approval.” Amen. But, as he would agree, that right is not just one that exists within the mind. For it to be a fully realized right, it must be allowed to affect the choices we make in civic and political life. In other words, adherence to a belief while complying with a legal limitation on the capacity to act on it is the moral equivalent of junk food: it brings us temporary respite from hunger, but no enduring benefit.
It is not enough that, in its great wisdom and compassion, the federal state does not interfere with the function of our minds as long as this function remains limited to the space between our ears. True conviction – what one believes is of value in time and eternity – means concrete and visible action in the public square. It’s government’s job to protect this right, not diminish or squelch it. As Prof. Inazu notes, “Evangelicals and Catholics need not shudder at the prospect of being politically marginalized. After all, Jesus did not. But political marginalization does not require political passivity. And one means of resistance is asking courts to protect the ability of private groups to dissent from state orthodoxy.”
So, we will ask, fight, and stand. But, by God’s grace, we will not give in.
FRCBLOG.com (Family Research Council)
Another good resource for Praying for the USA and its leadership: http://www.presidentialprayerteam.com
USA-Mexico Border Prayer Alert: BORSTAR: The Unseen Border Patrol
Most of the time when the words "border patrol" are spoken, one thinks of those who hunt coyotes, check passports, search for drugs, and keep the borders safe. But there is another part of the border patrol that, while they participate in those same things, they have a different role: search, trauma and rescue.
The BORSTAR unit is a highly specialized team that's trained in a lot of different disciplines related to search and rescue," said Supervisor Gerardo Carrasco. "It definitely adds a different side to being a border patrol agent, doing this job," said Agent Julie Gallagher.
It's not just about criminals crossing the border; there are also many women and children crossing to look for a better life. The problem is, they simply do not understand how brutal the desert can be. "In an environment where there is very little water and you don't have help get to you within a few hours, you're not going to last very long out there," Carrasco said. BORSTAR agents said summer is their busiest time for rescues because of the extreme weather conditions but that they work the fine line between rescuing and arresting suspected illegal immigrants all year long. "We work law enforcement just as hard as we work our rescues," Gallagher said.
It can be an emotionally difficult job, never knowing what condition they will find a victim in. Carrasco said, "You have to keep your emotions under control and prepare for the worse". Once someone has been rescued and cared for, they are sent back to Mexico. One rescued victim said, "I will come again, but next time, I'll do it legally."
· For the safety of the BORSTAR unit as they come to the aid of injured and dehydrated border crossers. Pray that the BORSTAR unit will have wisdom in dealing with the complex issues of illegal migrants.
· For the BORSTAR unit's protection from the mental stress and emotional trauma they face on a daily basis.
· For those considering crossing the border illegally - that they understand all the dangers involved and choose to respect the laws of the land.
· The Mexican press reported last Friday that a cousin of Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman, one of the world's most wanted drug lords, was arrested in Madrid along with a politician aligned with the party of President-elect Enrique Peña Nieto.
· The Mexican Marines have arrested Jorge Luis Martínez Rodríguez alias El Taz, the presumed leader for the Zetas in Campeche. He was responsible for the trafficking of stolen fuel and drugs.
· The Mexican Army has arrested Lamberto Gurrola Hernandez, alias "El Gato", the alleged leader of the Sinaloa Cartel in southern part of the state of Chihuahua. He confessed to being responsible for performing the "execution" of more than 100 people in the central-southern part of the state.
· The Mexican military announced the arrest of Sergio Armando Barrera Salcedo, alias "El Checo" and six accomplices, in possession of 1.1 kilos of cocaine, half a kilo of marijuana, seven guns and two pistols. He is linked to the Sinaloa cartel, and at the time of arrest was coordinating the receipt of ½ ton of cocaine by sea.
Is There a Fox Guarding the Henhouse?
As Mexican cartels attempt to expand their drug and human smuggling operations, they are becoming "increasingly" involved in the "systemic corruption" of the US Department of Homeland Security's personnel. Their expansion includes the trafficking of aliens from terrorism-linked countries into the U.S., the DHS acting inspector general told lawmakers earlier this month.
"As the United States enhances border security with successful technologies and increased staffing to disrupt smuggling routes and networks, drug trafficking organizations (DTOs) have become not only more violent and dangerous, but more clever as well. The DTOs have turned to recruiting and corrupting DHS employees," Charles Edwards, the acting DHS inspector general, said.
Edwards said border corruption may take the form of cash bribes, sexual favors, and other gratuities in return for U.S. employees allowing contraband or illegal aliens through primary inspection lanes - "or even protecting and escorting border crossings." Edwards also said U.S. employees may be bribed to leak or sell sensitive law enforcement information to smugglers and provide them with necessary documents such as immigration papers.
"A corrupt DHS employee may accept a bribe for allowing what appear to be simply undocumented aliens into the U.S. while unwittingly helping terrorists enter the country," Edwards said. "Likewise, what seems to be drug contraband could be weapons of mass destruction, such as chemical or biological weapons or bomb-making materials."
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner David Aguilar, who testified alongside Edwards, said that 141 CBP employees "have been arrested or indicted for acts of corruption" since October 2004.
CBP has an estimated 47,000-strong workforce, including about 21,000 Border Patrol agents. It should be noted that the 141 CBP employees who have been arrested or indicted for corruption represents less than one percent of the entire force. Yet when it comes to guarding the nation, everyone counts.
· For all Department of Homeland Security employees to have the strength, courage and conviction to uphold the US laws and constitution and to continue to serve this nation with integrity and honesty. Pray that they will not yield to the enticements or threats of the DTOs.
· For any and all corruption to be exposed at every level of DHS. Pray that appropriate actions will be taken to bring justice to those who have fallen and prudent safeguards, if needed, to be put in place.
· For God to encourage the 99% of the DHS employees working hard to protect America and that He will give them a fresh vitality to do their job with excellence.
· We continue to pray that the cartels will fail and fall in their efforts to corrupt and that God's peace will fill our borderlands and our nation.
He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. 1 Corinthians 4:5b (NIV)
Mora, Edwin. "CNSNews.com." Mexican Cartels 'Increasingly' Corrupting DHS Employees to Smuggle Aliens From Countries 'Likely to Export Terrorism' N.p., 22 Aug. 2012. Web. 23 Aug. 2012. http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mexican-cartels-increasingly-corrupting-dhs-employees-smuggle-aliens-countries-likely
· A Russian citizen, identified as a terrorist by the United States, was arrested in Tijuana, and had accomplices linked to the Sinaloa cartel, said the Secretary of Public Security of Baja California, Daniel de la Rosa Anaya. Georgiy Chipunov is accused of threatening to blow up judicial court facilities in San Diego, California, and assassinate judges and other US officials. Following his arrest, he was extradited to the United States where he is considered highly dangerous.
· Gulf drug cartel boss, Lauro Tijerina Murrieta, and three other suspected members of the criminal organization were captured Monday, August 20, by marines in the northern Mexican state of Nuevo Leon, the Navy Secretariat said Tuesday.
· Police in the northwestern Mexican state of Baja California seized more than $1 million that the Sinaloa cartel had made from drug sales in Los Angeles, security officials said. It was part of the large sum of millions of dollars being shipped to the leaders of the Sinaloa cartel.
BridgeBuilders International (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mobilize! A Gathering of the North American Chinese
September 12-14, 2012, Fremont, California (www.11hourcall.org)
The Chinese carry a unique end-time mandate that has been hidden in the heart of God since the beginning of time: just as “Wise Men from the East” witnessed Jesus’ first coming to earth, the Lord desires to use the Chinese as His instrument to help awaken and prepare the Bride of Christ worldwide for the Lord’s return.
Over the past few years, God has begun gathering together Chinese believers of like heart and spirit in Asia in a journey to see the fulfillment of His kingdom coming and His will being done on earth as it is in heaven among the Chinese (Matthew 6:10). And by His sovereign design, God has also placed a seed of the Chinese into the soil of many nations, including North America. By right of bloodline, these Chinese believers carry the same mandate to sound the cry at the midnight hour heralding the Bridegroom’s return for the North American Church.
Today, the eyes of the Lord are roaming to and fro seeking a remnant who are willing to wait upon Him for His steps to unlock the destined purposes for the Chinese in North America. If your heart resonates with this end-time call and you are an established or emerging leader among the Chinese believers or you have a desire to stand with the Chinese in this hour, we invite you to join with other believers from throughout North America for the Mobilize Gathering in Fremont, California, September 12-14, 2012.
Calling for a 40-day fasting:
Pastor Imiel released this word on July 19 regarding this gathering:
The Lord says regarding North America Chinese gathering I want to emphasize that such a gathering will be a turning point in the North American Chinese. Such a turning point will transform the whole body of such churches. That’s why the enemy is resisting fiercely not to see such a gathering happening to the point that such resistance will increase more and more. But I need corporate fasting, otherwise if there is no room for corporate fasting, it should be postponed. But I will awaken many leaders in North America to rise up and seek my face. But such a gathering, as I told you, should be preceded with corporate fasting because there will be a breakthrough in North American Chinese churches says the Lord. Amen.
This is a key for transforming the North American Chinese. Pastor David felt “we cannot afford to postpone this gathering—I believe September is the time the Lord desires for this to happen, and we need to rise up and press through the resistance.”
As the Renewal Fellowship pastors sought the Lord regarding this, we decided to call a:
1. 40-day fast from August 4-September 12 to contend for the destiny of the North American Chinese.
2. Joint Prayer meeting August 20th, 7:30 p.m., at Amazing Grace Christian Fellowship, 7416 Victoria Dr.
Please join this fast in whatever way the Lord leads. This invitation-only gathering will take place at the Forerunner Christian church (39620 Sundale Drive, Fremont, California 94538) beginning Wednesday, September 12, at 7:00 p.m. and continuing with morning, afternoon and evening meetings through late in the evening Friday, September 14.
For more information or to register, please visit our website www.11hourcall.org.
Domestic Terrorism: A Persistent Threat in the United States
August 23, 2012
By Scott Stewart
A string of incidents over the past month has served as a reminder that despite the intense, decade-long focus on the jihadist threat, domestic terrorism is still an issue in the United States. On Aug. 5, Wade Page opened fire on the congregation of a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, killing six and wounding three others. Though Page killed himself and did not leave any evidence explicitly listing his motives for the attack, his long association with the white supremacist movement was clearly a factor in his target choice.
On Aug. 15, Floyd Corkins shot and wounded a security guard in the lobby of the Family Research Council's office in Washington after the guard blocked him from entering the office. Corkins reportedly was carrying a bag containing a box of ammunition and a number of Chick-fil-A sandwiches. He apparently targeted the Family Research Council because of its public support for Chick-fil-A in the wake of the controversy over statements made by the fast food chain's founder regarding gay marriage. According to media reports, Corkins said, "I don't like your politics," before opening fire.
And on Aug. 16, an off-duty sheriff's deputy was shot and wounded while working as a security guard at an oil refinery in St. John the Baptist Parish, La. When two other deputies responded to a nearby trailer park where a vehicle reportedly associated with the shooting was spotted, the trailers' occupants ambushed and killed the deputies. An additional officer was wounded, along with two of the suspects involved in the shooting, Brian Smith and Kyle Joekel. Seven people have been arrested in connection with the incident, including Smith's father and brother. News reports indicate that the group was associated with the sovereign citizen movement, and members of it were under investigation for weapons offenses and previous threats to law enforcement officers in other states.
All three of these incidents stem from distinct ideological streams: the white supremacist skinhead movement, the radical left and the Posse Comitatus/sovereign citizen movement. While unrelated as far as timing and motive, when taken together they show that extremist ideologies subscribed to by certain individuals on the fringes of U.S. society continue to radicalize some to the point that they are willing to take violent action in accordance with those ideologies. Domestic terrorism is thus alive and well.
First, we need to remember that terrorism is a tactic practiced by actors from a wide array of ethnic and religious backgrounds who follow various ideologies stretching from anarchism to neo-Nazism. Terrorism does not equal jihadism. Long before jihadism reared its head in the United States, anarchist Leon Czolgosz assassinated President William McKinley, white supremacist James Earl Ray assassinated Martin Luther King Jr., and Posse Comitatus member Gordon Kahl killed three law enforcement officers in a multistate spree of violence.
Indeed, as we look at all of the recent attention being paid to lone assailants and small cells, it must be remembered that anti-government and white supremacist leaders in the United States embraced the leaderless resistance model of operations long before jihadist groups began to promote it…
The recent spate of incidents is also not all that unusual. Other examples stand out in recent years of different streams of domestic radicalism leading to a confluence of attacks by different types of actors. For example, on April 19, 1995, a large truck bomb built by anti-government extremists Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols detonated outside the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people. Five days later, on April 25, timber lobbyist Gilbert Murray became the third fatality and final victim of Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski's long Neo-Luddite bombing campaign.
Another such convergence occurred in the summer of 1999. After conducting arsons at three Sacramento-area synagogues, brothers Matthew and Tyler Williams killed a gay couple in their home in Happy Valley, Calif., on July 1. On July 2, World Church of the Creator adherent Benjamin Smith began a multistate shooting spree that killed two and wounded nine and that only ended when he killed himself July 4. On Aug. 10, former Aryan Nations member Buford Furrow mounted an armed assault against a Jewish day care center in Los Angeles, during which he wounded five people before killing a Filipino-American mailman on the street.
Domestic terrorism in the United States is a cyclical phenomenon. There are discernable peaks in that cycle, like those we've discussed -- and like the one the country is currently experiencing. The intense political polarization that has occurred in recent years in the United States, the widespread distrust of the government on both the extreme right and the extreme left, and the current election-year rhetoric will further inflame political passions. This means that the current cycle of domestic terrorism plots and violence is likely to continue for at least the next several months.
While domestic terrorism is currently at the peak of the cycle in the United States, it is important to remember that most domestic terrorism cases tend to be simple attacks conducted by a lone actor or small cell. There are far more instances of simple bombings, such as those conducted by Olympic Park bomber Eric Rudolph or animal rights bomber Daniel Andreas San Diego, than the sort of large truck bomb attack committed by McVeigh and Nichols, which was an anomaly. Even more common than bombing attacks are the armed assaults that we've seen recently, and they are generally implemented against soft targets -- something we've talked about in relation to other terrorist threats.
And that means that the implications for domestic terrorist threats are essentially the same as they are for the jihadist or Iranian threat. First, it is critical for people to remember that terrorist attacks do not appear out of a vacuum. Individuals planning an attack -- no matter what their motivation or ideology -- follow a discernable cycle, and that cycle involves behavior that can be identified and detected before the attack is conducted. Indeed, it appears that the Smith family and their associates involved in the Louisiana shooting were known by authorities in several jurisdictions and were considered armed and dangerous.
It is also important for individuals to understand that it is physically impossible for governments to protect all potential targets from every sort of attack. This means that many places are vulnerable to an attack, should an assailant choose to strike and should the assailant's preoperational activities go undetected. Therefore, citizens need to assume responsibility for their own security. This involves citizens not only reporting suspicious activity to the authorities, but also practicing good situational awareness and having updated and appropriate contingency plans in place for their families and businesses.
Al-Qaida Advertises for Suicide Bombers; China Steals 2.7M US Jobs; Cartels Bribe DHS Workers
1. Cartels’ Bribing of DHS Workers Raises Terrorist Threat
Mexican cartels are increasingly engaged in the “systematic corruption” of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) workers to expand their smuggling operations — including the trafficking of aliens from terrorism-linked countries. “Drug trafficking organizations (DTOs) have become not only more violent and dangerous, but more clever as well. The DTOs have turned to recruiting and corrupting DHS employees,” Charles Edwards, the acting DHS inspector general, told a hearing of a House Oversight and Government Reform subcommittee.
“A corrupt DHS employee may accept a bribe for allowing what appear to be simply undocumented aliens into the U.S. while unwittingly helping terrorists enter the country. Likewise, what seems to be drug contraband could be weapons of mass destruction, such as chemical or biological weapons or bomb-making materials. “According to government reports, DTOs are becoming involved increasingly in systematic corruption of DHS employees to further alien and drug smuggling, including the smuggling of aliens from designated special interest countries likely to export terrorism.”
Special interest countries are nations thought to pose a terrorist threat and include Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, and Somalia, CNS News pointed out in a report on Edwards’ testimony.
Edwards said border corruption may take the form of cash bribes, sexual favors, and other gratuities in return for U.S. employees allowing contraband or illegal aliens through inspection lanes — “or even protecting and escorting border crossings.”
He also said DHS employees may be bribed to leak or sell sensitive law enforcement information to smugglers, and provide them with documents such as immigration papers.
The cartels target employees who may be “going through financial difficulties, gambling, debts, [or] sexual infidelity,” he added.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner David Aguilar, who testified alongside Edwards, said that 141 CBP employees “have been arrested or indicted for acts of corruption” since October 2004.
Edwards warned in his written testimony that “while those who turn away from their sworn duties are few, even one corrupt agent or officer who allows harmful goods or people to enter the country puts the nation at risk.”
Organized gangs in Mexico are also increasingly involved in the theft of petroleum from the nation’s state-run oil company, Pemex, CNS News reported.
Pemex said on Aug. 10 that the national pipeline systems “are practically taken over by organized crime gangs associated with heavily armed groups.” Criminals use devices called “clandestine taps” to steal the oil from the pipelines. According to Pemex, more than 1.84 million barrels of oil were stolen from the pipeline system in the first six months of this year, meaning that on average, at least 17,500 gallons of oil were stolen per hour!
2. Al-Qaida Advertises for Suicide Bombers
The terrorist organization al-Qaida is running a “job ad” on an Internet forum seeking applicants for short-term employment — as suicide bombers. The ad on the Shumukh al-Islam forum, which is accessible only to al-Qaida members, appears under the heading “Area of activity: The planet Earth.”
Applicants must be Muslim, mentally mature, dedicated, able to listen, and utterly committed to completing their mission, according to the ad.
While real names are not required, candidates are asked to send details of their nickname or handle, their age, marital status, languages spoken, and a list of passports in their possession, the Hebrew daily Yedioth Ahronoth reported.
The ad also specifies the targets of the suicide attacks that applicants will be expected to carry out, including “People who fight Islam and Muslims” and enemy “financial, military and media targets.”
And it states: “Only one person will be in charge. He will gather all of the intelligence, he will prepare the operation — and he will complete the attack.” However, “a military panel” will oversee the bomber’s training and select the target.
The job description promises only a “very slight chance of being caught.” The Yedioth article claimed the ad has elicited several positive responses. The Times of Israel observed that the ad indicates al-Qaida is “apparently low on bombers.”
From: Newsmax.com (email@example.com)
Date: Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Please pray that citizens and also public officials in the US and elsewhere will be watchful about potential domestic and international acts of terrorism and will be able to counteract them effectively.
U.S. Election Prayer Initiative
The United States is clearly a nation in trouble. A battered economy, political divisiveness, the culture wars, racial uneasiness, and a sidelined church provide the dry tinder for an inflammatory national election in November of 2012. Many stake their hopes or fears on the outcome.
While believing in and encouraging the importance of exercising our right to vote, we also call the Christian Church in America to do that which is even more critical in these days…to pray! The seriousness of our day requires an intensity of prayer that is unprecedented. Accordingly, we call for 40 days and nights of unrelenting intercession on behalf of our nation, immediately preceding the November 6th election (September 28 – November 6).
Our focus in prayer is simple. We are praying for:
1. Revival in the Church – that another Great Awakening would sweep across America as the Lord’s people humble themselves in repentance and prayer. (2 Chron. 7:14)
2. A standard of righteousness to be raised over this nation. (Proverbs 14:34)
3. The elections – that God would intervene. This is not a partisan or political effort but a plea to bring God into a process that desperately needs His wisdom and direction. (Isaiah 48:17)
This is a call, not from one ministry or organization, but from diverse leaders from across the spectrum of the U.S. Church. It is also not a call to a particular event. It is a pleading for all Christians to do something proactive and powerful in prayer for the 40 days leading up to our fall elections.
As leaders in the Body of Christ, we commit ourselves to prayer during these days of decision regarding the future of our nation. Even more, we commit ourselves to mobilize prayer in our spheres of influence, that every part of the Lord’s Church would join together in the day and night prayer for the intervention of God on the part of our nation.
Please join American believers in praying for these three things for their country. For more information, go to www.40daysofprayer.net
Call to Prayer for the USA at this Crucial Time in our History
During a recent conference call with some from the U.S. National Prayer Committee, Chairman Dave Butts made this comment concerning this decisive time in American history:
“If the Church does not respond in prayer, we won’t recognize our nation. The only hope is for God to step in.”
“The 2012 United States elections will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. The 57th quadrennial presidential election will be held on this date, coinciding with Senate elections where 33 races will occur, as well as House of Representatives elections to elect the members for the 113th Congress. This election year will also encompass thirteen state and territorial governors' races, many state and territorial legislature races, special elections, and various other state, territorial, and local races.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_elections,_2012
We believe there is a narrow window of time for us to get on the Lord’s wavelength and pray out God-inspired, history-shaping prayers between now and the upcoming election on November 6. This election has been called the most important one in our lifetimes by Christians and secularists alike. Many who walk with the Lord feel that the long-term fate of the USA is very much at stake in the coming months.
Special prayer resources are available at www.ifa.org that will help your praying for the U.S. In addition, the National Prayer Committee has developed a 40-day prayer initiative to unite us from September 28 through Election Day, November 6. More information and an election prayer guide are available at www.40daysofprayer.net
One exciting initiative that has developed is called David’s Tent, 40 days of 24/7 worship that will happen close to the White House in Washington, September 28 - November 6. Praying and worshiping people from all 50 states and from other countries are warmly invited to come and take part for a few days or few hours during that period. Details are at www.davidstentdc.org
Would you please pray with us for these important efforts and agree with us for the following:
1. That a new movement of repentance as well as spiritual and moral revival will catch fire in our capital of Washington, D.C. and throughout the nation as we Christians identify with our people in repentance for national sins such as idolatry, immorality, shedding of innocent blood and broken covenants, and corporate sins that repel God’s presence from the land.
2. For the raising up of a new generation of spiritual leaders in all walks of life who will become a courageous force for deliverance and real transformation in this society.
3. That wicked and corrupt leaders at every level of government, national, state, and local be removed from power and replaced by God-honoring, good and honest people who will be used of the Lord to bring restoration by imparting a new vision based on our constitution and Judeo-Christian values in order to lead us into a new and blessed future as a nation.
4. That we as the Body of Christ will use the authority He has given us for the effective binding and overthrow of principalities and powers of darkness that have come into the nation through our turning our backs on the Lord through not remembering or reverencing Him for all the good He has done for the USA in the past. There is now much deception and division in our cultural and political life as well as increasing moves towards more and more government control and an accompanying loss of freedoms we have taken for granted as citizens. (Matthew 18:18-19, Luke 10:19, Eph. 6:10-18, Rom. 16:20)
Thanks so much for your valuable and potent support.
Yours in Christ,
Chairman, International Prayer Council
Report on the Washington, D.C., Prayer Initiative, August 7-8
Thanks to those of you who were able to support this effort with your prayers. Here is a report by Sara Ballenger, one of the participants:
During two days of prayer with fasting, prayer ministry leaders came together before the LORD from a common place of desperation for our nation. In the election, we are now faced with two candidates whom we cannot fully support: A Mormon and a Moslem. What is God speaking to His church? We feel like the Israelites must have felt at the Red Sea: we have no hope, we are “cornered,” and Pharoah’s chariots are now bearing down on our necks. We know not what to do, so Lord, we cry out to you.
“We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you.” (2 Chronicles 20:12)
Just like at the Red Sea, the LORD has an answer ready. He is looking for a people who will stand in faith, believing, through whom He can bring forth His plan and accomplish His will for our nation. This is a simple act of faith. Also, He will no longer honor those in the Body of Christ who are seeking to build empires for themselves, but who will unite with others in His common cause, to build His Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Those who are standing in His way, with their own agendas in their hands, must repent and join the greater cause.
As we stand, united, the promise of Isaiah 9:7 will become ours:
Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
HALLELUJAH!! GOD, Himself, will accomplish this mighty task!
--Different occult activities in D.C. and elsewhere were noted, with prayer following. Much more needs to be done here (but please do take note that Abba has raised up a team that has been RELENTLESS in taking back the gates of the White House for the LORD every night, seven days a week, for three years now at MIDNIGHT, thereby “cutting them off at the pass,” praying for their salvation, and asking that all hidden works of darkness be exposed. PLEASE JOIN US IN PRAYER. THANK YOU!)
--An Islamic influence, as well as a national security issue, came to light. We are working now to confirm this report…
--And finally, the 8-pointed Star of Babylon was noted on the rug in the prayer room. This symbol, of course, is seen throughout D.C., but God gave us the opportunity to offer a MIGHTY PRAYER to tear this down and render the tentacles of its 8-pointed, octopus-style grip, DESTROYED. God, please set these captives free!!
Keys to VICTORY for our nation:
1. WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE BEAUTY OF HOLINESS! Abba is enthroned upon the praises of His people. Praise God!
2. Because we do not know how to pray, Scripture tells us what to do in Romans 8:26-27:
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Let’s simply obey and pray in the Spirit as God births His kingdom through our lips!
3. Committing to praying for David’s tent – worship on the Ellipse at the White House – and for Dave Butts’ call to 40 days and 40 nights of prayer at the national level. This is a parallel move in the Spirit – we call forth FUNDING and RESOURCES for both efforts!
4. Let go and let God – literally! We must get out of the way and allow our Lord to have complete control over our political process and our government. “The zeal of the Lord of Hosts will perform this! (Isa. 9:7) Once we get out of His way, exciting things WILL begin to happen! (remember the Red Sea?)
5. Finally, REJOICE in all of our circumstances, for truly GOD IS WITH US AND HE IS UP TO SOMETHING!
To GOD be the GLORY…GREAT THINGS He hath done!
Submitted by Sara Ballenger
Capitol Hill Prayer Partners
“The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)
On June 15 BridgeBuilders launched the "Enough is Enough" call to 20 days of prayer and fasting for the capture of "El Chapo" Guzman, leader of the Sinaloa Federation, along with other cartel leaders and the dismantling of their criminal organizations. We also called for prayer for the Mexican elections because of the great impact the outcome will have on our economy, immigration and the continuing "war of drugs."
1. Good news was reported in the newspaper Milenio on July 1 that killings related to drug violence in Mexico fell 17 percent in June from the month before, reaching the lowest level this year.
2. The Mexican elections took place without reports of drug related violence or election fraud.
3. From June 15 to July 4, USA and Mexican law enforcement arrested many significant leaders within Mexico’s cartels. On June 17, Obied Can Zepeda, nephew of “El Chapo” Guzman, and two other cartel members were killed. On June 21, two of Guzman’s young leaders, one originally thought to be his son, were arrested in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. Also during the 20 days of prayer, US officials said they have taken steps to freeze all the U.S. assets of both Guzman’s wife and son.
4. Arrested on June 12 was Juan Francisco Trevino Chavez “El Quico”, the alleged Zetas leader of Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, and the nephew of Miguel Trevino Morales, “Z-40” (the number two leader of the Zetas cartel). Arrested on June 15 was Jovan Erick Lozano Diaz, alias “El Cucho,” the alleged financial operator for Morales, “Z-40”. And on June 14, it was reported that 52 suspected members of the notoriously violent Los Zetas drug cartel were arrested in the northern Mexican state of Nuevo Leon. And arrested on June 12 with several other accomplices was Jose Trevino Morales, the brother of Miguel Trevino Morales, “Z-40” – who was behind a U.S. horse breeding operation called Tremor Enterprises that U.S. officials say laundered millions of dollars in drug money.
Yet the "Drug War" is not over. Mexico's president elect, Enrique Peña Nieto, from the PRI party, is giving mixed signals on how he plans to stem the violence yet keep the pressure on the drug trafficking organizations. In the wake of Mexico's presidential election Sunday, analysts are expecting Mexico to launch a major blitz against the drug cartels during current President Felipe Calderon's remaining term.
Therefore, as "watchmen on the wall" we need to keep vigilant in prayer to see an end to the drug trafficking organizations in both Mexico and in the USA.
BREAKING NEWS ALERT!
It has been an incredible week for reducing violence on Arizona’s Southwest border.
Just two days after the conclusion of BridgeBuilders’ “Enough is Enough” call to prayer and fasting for the dismantling of the Sinaloa cartel, three homes were raided in the Valley – a stash house in Phoenix and two in Tempe, one of which was the Sinaloa cartel’s Tempe office headquarters.
After a six-month investigation, Tempe police say the Sinaloa cartel is now down 20 people, 14 guns, 10 vehicles, $2.4 million, three tons of pot, 30 pounds of meth, and a plane.
“We’ve cut off the head of the snake,” said Tempe Police Lt. Noah Johnson. “This definitely makes it a lot harder for our children and residents to get drugs.”
In the last few days, three drug-smuggling tunnels have been discovered, two in Arizona. And two senior members of the Sinaloa cartel (one a lieutenant of Chapo Guzman) were were arrested in the last few days in Mexico’s crime capital Ciudad Juarez. Today, our border is moving toward being a safer place.
Drug-related violence is falling on the border according to a recent statement by Mexico government officials. Murders by criminal gangs in the most violent city of Ciudad Juarez along fell by 42 percent in the first six months of this year from the same period last year.
God is answering our prayers! The decline in Juarez homicides is attributed to the weakening of the local Juarez drug cartel and the rival Gente Nueva gang, which is allied with the powerful Sinaloa cartel. Gen. Emilio Zarate, the local Mexican Army commander, told reporters the Juarez cartel has become so weak that it is having trouble paying its members.
Zarate said the number of homicides in the city has averaged about 40 murders a month recently. In the past years, Ciudad Juarez sometimes saw as many as 300 homicides in a month during especially violent periods. The general said he sees signs that citizens have faith in the army’s anonymous tip program, which allows people to file complaints about drug gangs by hone or email.
According to President Felipe Calderon, homicides in Mexico overall have dropped 15-20 percent in the first six months of this year compared to the same period of 2011. “Today, violence related to rivalries between criminals is declining,” Calderon said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal recently. He said that drug-related murders in Mexico have fallen by roughly 12 percent in the first five months of this year.
In the state of Chihuahua, state officials indicated a similar decline. Prosecutors said there were 653 murders in the first half of 2012 compared to 1,322 in the same period of last year.
Let’s keep pressing in to God for more victories.
1. We PRAISE You, Mighty God, for the many answers to our prayers! Thank You, Lord, for the decline in the violence along the borderlands!
2. We continue to press in to You, Mighty God, for the complete demise of all Mexican drug cartel activities and the capture of its leaders, including Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman of the Sinaloa Cartel.
This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. Fro the battle is not yours, but God’s. 2 Chronicles 20:15b (NIV)
Two days after the election, President-elect Pena came to the U.S. to announce that he would “welcome debate on the issue of drug legalization and regulation in Mexico.” In an interview by PBS New Hour, President-elect Pena clearly stated: “I’m in favor of opening a new debate in the strategy in the way we fight drug trafficking. It is quite clear that after several years of this fight against drug trafficking, we have more drug consumption, drug use, and drug trafficking. That means we are not moving in the right direction. Things are not working.”
These are “code words” to signal the PRI intends to cut a profitable deal with the cartels to legalize drugs in exchange for collecting tax revenue on drug sales. The month before, Congressman james Sensenbrenner (R-Wisconsin) called a Congressional hearing to accuse Pena Nieto of advocating “a reversion” back to the old PRI policies of “turning a blind eye to the cartels” as long as they weren’t perpetrating grisly violence.
President-elect Pena’s announcement of the PRI’s new cozy relationship with the drug cartels directly followed President Obama’s announcement of his “Dreamer” Executive Order curtailing deportations of “undocumented” aliens. These actions have caused major alarm among rank-and-file border agents that the Sinaloa Federation and Los Zetas are now unrestrained to flood into the United States with drugs and violence. In a joint union press conference by the customs agents and the border patrol unions, Chris Crane, President of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council (ICE) warned: “It’s impossible to understand the full scope of the administration’s changes, but what we are seeing so far concerns us greatly…There is no burden for the alien to prove anything.”
1. Almighty God, empower Mexico President Calderon to be successful in restraining, dismantling, and eliminating all drug cartels, violent gangs, and trafficking - especially taking down the Sinaloa Federation and Los Zetas during the remainder of his term in office.
2. Merciful God, we pray that President-elect Pena will sever any and all ties with leaders of criminal organizations and will not negotiate with narco-terrorist organizations. We pray that the new administration will take a strong stand against organized crime and transnational criminal organization (TCO) activities.
3. All-knowing God, block and expose anyone within the new administration that might have TCO connections and ban them from any position of national leadership.
4. God of Truth, expose the lies behind the advertising and promotion of drug legalization and the corruption and violence behind this agenda. We pray for all attempts to legalize drugs in Mexico and the USA to cease. Reveal the truth of the immeasurable damage the use of recreational drugs does to our society.
53% of the Cartel Money is Funneled Through Arizona
ONE TRILLION DOLLARS…This is not the amount of our nation’s indebtedness; this is the estimated amount of money that drug cartels have illegally funneled through US financial institutions.
We Praise the God of Justice and congratulate the Mexican government for another victory in the war on drugs!
Continue to join others in praying for the cut-off of these criminal cartels and the flow of drugs, weapons and human trafficking between the two nations.
From: BridgeBuilders Int’l (firstname.lastname@example.org)
USA: The Summons in Washington, D.C.
Inspired by Psalm 50:1-6, the National Day of Prayer (NDP) Task Force along with other national prayer ministries has called a Solemn Assembly in Washington, D.C. to pray for all institutions of government in our nation’s capital. Groups will gather for worship and prayer near the steps of the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument. They will meet with congressional leaders, travel to the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, and many other key locations to PRAY. The urgency of the moment and the prompting of God have paved the way for this event. We invite you to join with us and hundreds of like-minded believers this October 3-7 as we pray for our nation.
Please visit www.summons2012.com to learn more.
The E4 Challenge
Based on the call to ‘equip the saints” in Ephesians 4, we are excited to introduce the new Pray for America website (www.commit2pray.com). Filled with relevant tools, resources, and encouragement, we will challenge God’s people to engage, be equipped, and encourage others to take the challenge to Pray for America – and encounter the power of God through prayer! Are you in? Commit to pray today!
USA – Some Good News for Parental Rights
Do you ever feel weary or burdened after hearing yet another report about the continual onslaught of sexualized messages in our children’s schools? And finding out how well-funded all the sexual advocacy groups targeting our classrooms with their messages are certainly doesn’t make things any easier. Well, I have some good news for you: This week we’ve got a refreshing story to share with you that will encourage your heart.
These brave parents and local school board members in Erie, Illinois – a town of only 1,600 people – are resisting pressure from national activist groups and liberal media.
They made their voices heard after discovering plans to introduce materials from GLSEN – the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network – into their elementary school, which serves children between the ages of 4 and 9.
The good news is, the school board listened to the parents’ concerns and voted 5-2 to reject the GLSEN material. But as a result, the gay-activist groups have launched a national campaign to pressure the board into reversing its vote.
However, the school board says it’s not changing its vote, no matter what GLSEN does. Parents and citizens in this community are standing firm for their kids, their schools and their community values. Those actions are having a ripple effet that will empower other parents nationwide.
If you have concerns about whether this type of curriculum is headed to your local schools and how you can respond, you’ll want to check out www.truetolerance.org. This online resource provides examples of homosexual-themed classroom materials to be aware of, as well as tips on how to respond to efforts to introduce them in your children’s classrooms in a loving, fact-based way.
For faith and the family,
Senior Vice President, Government & Public Policy
From: Focus on the Family (email@example.com)
THE SUMMONS 2012 - A Solemn Assembly in Washington D.C.
From: National Day of Prayer Task Force
The Summons, October 3-7, 2012
Join us for a Solemn Assembly in Washington D.C.
With each generation seeming to drift away from the God of our Fathers, now more than ever, it seems that we are truly at the precipice of a societal migration away from our Judeo-Christian foundation. With this in mind, the National Day of Prayer (NDP) Task Force has called a Solemn Assembly in Washington D.C. for such a time as this. The urgency of the moment, and the prompting of God, has paved the way for The Summons (October 3-7, 2012) to be a moment in time for God's people to stand in the gap on behalf of all Americans - perhaps as Moses did for Israel (Exodus 32, Psalm 106). Based on Psalm 50:1-6, this special prayer gathering will focus on all institutions of government within Washington D.C. and include outdoor, corporate worship near the steps of the Capitol building, as well as the base of the Washington Monument. Groups will meet with various congressional leaders, travel to the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, and many other key locations to PRAY. This is not an assignment for the faint of heart. You will need walking shoes and clothing suitable for being on location and 'hitting the streets', regardless of weather. We invite you to join with us, and several hundred other like-minded believers, for this unique time of prayer and worship in our nation's capital.
Visit www.Summons2012.com to learn more, and register today!
USA: In Defense of Marriage
I have some bad news to report. Just yesterday, the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston declared that part of the federal Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional. The federal definition of marriage as being the union of one man and one woman has applied to all federal laws, regulations and benefits since 1996. This lawsuit involves claims from same-sex couples demanding federal benefits that are reserved for heterosexual couples.
Essentially, the appellate court said the federal government—and by extension, the taxpayers in all 50 states—must subsidize whatever types of arrangements a state may choose to call "marriage."
Think about that for minute. In the 1800s, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the right of Congress to forbid polygamy in any territory wishing to apply for statehood. But the federal appeals court in Boston today ignored that history and declared Congress has no interest in keeping the definition of marriage the same as it has been for thousands of years.
The U.S. isn't the only country struggling with this issue. Watch this week’s Citizen Link Report (http://www.citizenlink.com/2012/05/31/citizenlink-report-world-congress-of-families/) in which Focus on the Family's director of international governmental affairs, Yuri Mantilla, discusses how pro-family groups across the globe are dealing with it.
It gets even more disturbing. In the ruling, the judges pointed out that the same-sex couples' claims would fail under the usual judicial tests applied to these types of constitutional challenges. Therefore, they applied a new and entirely different test—one they said was gleaned from a few federal cases they dredged up just for the occasion. It's funny that no other federal court has applied this new test in any of the other DOMA cases that lower courts have decided—and there have been several.
The 1st Circuit did manage to get one thing right, however: The judges said this issue ultimately must be decided by the Supreme Court. That's where we expect this case will end up, maybe as soon as October, when the court begins its next session.
Please join me in praying that the high court will see through the 1st Circuit's legal gymnastics and reverse this blatant attempt at social engineering by judicial decree.
Senior Vice President, Government & Public Policy
Focus on the Family http://family.custhelp.com/app/ask
Charles Colson – A Guardian of the Faith Now with the Lord
Chuck Colson, known worldwide for founding Prison Fellowship and several other ministry outreaches, has gone home to be with the Lord.
Intercessors for America at one point in our history shared office space with Prison Fellowship in Reston, VA. Intercessors for America laments the passing of Chuck Colson and will miss his wonderful insights into the world as to how Christians should decipher world events and be salt and light in a world that needs Jesus. IFA's Executive Chairman of the Board John D. Beckett hosted a memorable interview with Chuck Colson a few years back entitled LIVING THE GOSPEL/DEFENDING THE TRUTH where they addressed the topics of Biblical Worldview, Islam vs. Christianity, the Role of the Church in this Society, the Role of Democracy, and the War on Terror among other subjects.
On March 31, the 80-year-old Colson had surgery for a pool of blood on the surface of his brain. In the days following surgery, he seemed to improve slightly each day but took a turn for the worse late Tuesday (April 17). Family members were called to his bedside. He passed away Saturday afternoon shortly after 3:00 p.m. (Eastern) at a northern Virginia hospital.
In a tribute by Dr. Michael Milton with Reformed Theological Seminary he says, "Chuck Colson was truly a new man. His life forever will be remembered, not in a legacy of political intrigue, but with a legacy of new life in Jesus Christ that overflowed to the world with a robust intellect and dynamic message lived out in a heart of deep, demonstrable compassion. Yet the new life that transforms old legacies of shame into legacies of faithfulness is available to all who call, like Chuck, on the name of Jesus Christ in repentance and faith."
Pray for Chuck's family and for Prison Fellowship Ministries. Give thanks to the Lord for a wonderful testimony in a life redeemed by the hand of God. Please keep the prisoners that Chuck left behind in your prayers as the Lord leads.
"And he did not permit him but said to him, 'Go home to your friends and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.'"(Mark 5:19)
OBAMACARE BEING DECIDED BY THE SUPREME COURT
Pray that God's wisdom will be given to all those who are working through this most important issue that America has had to come to grips with for many years. Pray that the Lord will block any advancement of wrong principles within the Obamacare case and especially those that would promote abortion in any way.
The Supreme Court has just heard five-and-a-half hours of oral arguments on constitutional challenges to Obama's national health care law, and the court is expected to render its decision by the end of June. It is one of the most closely watched cases in American history, and each possible outcome carries different political ramifications.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD $5.7 MILLION FRAUD
For the sake of the unborn pray that all fraudulent activities of any organization that promotes the aborting of the unborn be exposed and brought to justice. Give thanks to the Lord that there are those who are bringing such activities to the light so that they can be dealt with by authorities responsible for illegal activities. Pray that those who have been found guilty will repent and become advocates for life.
PRAYER CAUCUSES BEING ESTABLISHED
An unprecedented nationwide network of elected leaders and citizens, are committing to realigning America with the Judeo-Christian principles of liberty!
· Formation of the strategic American Prayer Caucus Network (http://cpcfoundation.com/cpcf/statecaucuses.php), the largest and most influential network of Christian government leaders in the nation, networking members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus with hundreds of like-minded members of state and local Legislative Prayer Caucuses in action-oriented forums.
· 10 State Prayer Caucuses now formed (Virginia, North Carolina, Mississippi, Colorado, Oklahoma, Maine, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan and Missouri) with 9 States in process.
· Citizens joined hundreds of legislators, governors, lieutenant governors and attorneys general at multiple Call To Prayer events, which were hosted and facilitated by elected leaders proclaiming their commitment to pray and protect your right to believe in God.
We cannot and must not forget that "blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." Though some will reject our Lord and His rightful place in our hearts and in our nation, we must not! (Contributor: Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundation; http://cpcfoundation.com/)
Excerpted from Intercessors for America (www.ifapray.org)
USA HEALTHCARE LAW BEFORE THE SUPREME COURT
Ask the Lord for His will and his way to be clear as it relates to all of the healthcare in America, and that this would be clear to the justices, their clerks, the lawyers, and the providers, and legislators in how they should respond. Ask for God’s justice in America’s legal system and healthcare system.
In just over a month, the Supreme Court is scheduled to hear oral arguments over the 2010 healthcare law commonly referred to as Obamacare. The headliner is the individual mandate. There is also the employer mandate. Conscience rights could come up as well. With the argument just weeks away, briefs are being written and filed with the Supreme Court, and preparations are well under way for this historic week of arguments.
Pray that the Lord will place in our national leaders' hearts a deep understanding of the preciousness of the freedoms that our U.S. Constitution grants to all of its citizens. May this current administration's action with their healthcare legislation continue to stir outrage in all Americans who cherish the blessings of freedom and liberty that are granted to us by our Constitution. Pray that the Church will awaken to take a stand and begin to reverse the nationwide effort to silence God's people!
The State of Religious Freedom in America
The state of religious freedom is at the forefront of national conversation as people across America attempt to process the stunning actions recently taken by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that pit religious freedom against compliance with a federal healthcare mandate, forcing people of faith to make a decision that infringes upon the religious freedom that our Founding Fathers robustly protected from our very beginning. Unfortunately, the HHS mandate is not an isolated incident; it is more of the same. Members of the Congressional Prayer Caucus, a bipartisan group of 103 Members of the House of Representatives dedicated to preserving religious freedom in America, will continue standing up against burdens on these inherent freedoms.
In August 2011, HHS issued a mandate requiring that all health plans cover abortion-inducing drugs, contraceptives, and sterilization at no cost to the patient, despite the fact that scores of people have religious and moral objections to these services. The mandate included an extremely narrow exemption for churches, but offered no protection to religious hospitals, schools, and charities, with the reason being that these entities often serve and employ individuals that do not share the groups' religious beliefs. "A long time ago, the Catholic Church received a mandate from a higher authority . . . It is the mandate of Jesus Christ. . . . Catholic ministries for the needy are as blind to race, creed, class, and gender as Jesus Christ, their founder. That any one of them, much less all of them, should be forced to choose between the Gospel mandate and the U.S. government's healthcare mandate strikes at the very heart of the right to religious liberty on which our country was founded.”
The Jesus mandate vs. Obama’s mandate (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voices/post/the-jesus-mandate-vs-obamas-mandate/2012/01/27/gIQAJ5jpVQ_blog.html) Washington Post, January 27, 2012.
More of the Same: Hostility Towards People of Faith and Religious Institutions
In recent years, there have been numerous examples of a recurring hostility towards people wishing to exercise their constitutionally-protected religious freedoms. The HHS mandate is not an isolated incident; it is more of the same. The very existence of these occurrences, regardless of whether they are successfully reversed, shows a troubling pattern that has a chilling effect on people of faith, leaving them uncertain about exercising their religious freedoms.
Excerpts from Intercessors for America, www.ifapray.org
Battle Against Human Trafficking in Mexico and the USA
The “Two Nations Locking Arms against Human Trafficking Plan” is moving along. I am heavily involved with the Administration in Florida to put on a State-wide Human Trafficking Summit this year. My goal is to move across the Border States and do the same thing. Please pray for me as I seek representatives from each state to form a National Human Trafficking Task Force. This will be for the purpose of sharing information, rescuing and restoring the victims, and working together to bring an end to human trafficking.
If you ever need a Speaker or Child Advocate for future events here or abroad, please do not hesitate to ask me. God is doing amazing things in the U.S. for bringing more awareness to the Children who are abused, neglected, abandoned, and enslaved in human trafficking.
Deborah Polston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hollywood Prayer Effort, March 15-17
· Here is a list of quick links you can use to fine out more:
· http://www.thecryhollywood.com/PromoDownload.html (Download a 30-second promo video or a 2-minute vision-casting video to play at a service.)
· https://www.facebook.com/events/314771641871937/ (Invite people through the Facebook event page.)
· http://www.thecryhollywood.com/Promo.html (Go to the online promo page with posters, social media links, videos, and more!)
The organizers write: “We would be honored if you join with other leaders from LA, America, and beyond for this strategic day of prayer. Your presence is powerful. If you are planning to come, please let us know so we can be sure and get you on the VIP seating list. You can connect with us at email@example.com.”
How Can Americans be Saved?
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." (Psalm 33:12)
Pray that our leaders will follow the ways of the Lord and make their decisions based upon fear and reverence of His Word. Pray that we as a nation will not turn our backs to God's will and desires. Pray that our leaders will deliver us as a nation from destruction by honoring our Creator and Sovereign who has established us and desires to bless us as a nation.
By Jeff Coors, Executive Chairman of the Board for Intercessors for America
In the back of most Americans' minds today are questions about our nation's future. Can the future of this country be as bright as the past? Have we seen our best days? Does God care about America as a nation? People wonder, "Can America be saved?"…History is filled with the graves of nations who turned their backs on God, but this same downfall doesn't have to happen to America.
First, God can save groups of people from the wrath they deserve. As we read in Micah 5:15, God says, "I will take vengeance in anger and wrath on the nations that have not obeyed me." He does hold nations accountable for their collective actions, just as He holds individuals accountable for their personal decisions and actions. Isaiah describes God's standards of judgment when he writes in 64:5, "You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways. But when we continued to sin against them, you were angry. How then can we be saved (yasha)?"
Jeremiah 5:1 answers this question: "Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city."
It appears that our God will save a group of people from His wrath based upon the obedience of a few. An incredible measure of mercy! In the midst of this mercy He still demands a nation's obedience. Isaiah 45:22 emphasizes that only our Lord can save a nation: "Turn to me and be saved (yasha), all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." Mercy comes, and yet complete obedience by all is desired. God saves nations from His wrath and also from outside threats…Pray that He would save us from His wrath, which we deserve, drawing us toward obedience as a nation; and that He would save us from our enemies.
U.S. CONGRESS: 2011 Most Futile Legislative Year on Record
Pray that our 2012 legislative sessions will reflect the heart of God's will for this nation. The Lord desires to bless the nation that honors Him. Pray that our legislators will be sensitive to the needs of our population and that they be granted wisdom for how best to address those needs with the stressed 2012 budget. Pray for reconciliation between the House and the Senate on the important issues which include the economy and national defense.
It's official: Congress ended its least-productive year in modern history after passing 80 bills - fewer than during any other session since year-end records began being kept in 1947. Furthermore, an analysis by The Washington Times of the scope of such activities as time spent in debate, number of conference reports produced and votes taken on the House and Senate floors found that Congress set a record for legislative futility by accomplishing less in 2011 than any other year in history.
The Senate's record was weakest by a huge margin, according to the futility index, and the House had its 10th-worst session on record.
Mexico—Number Two in Child Pornography
From BridgeBuilders International
“Fox News Latino reported this week that Mexico is the world's No. 2 producer of child pornography and is classified as a source, transit and destination country for people traffickers involved in sexual exploitation, Mexico lawmakers said.
Child pornography is the number two illegal business, trailing only drug trafficking, and generates $42 billion annually, Special Committee to Fight People Trafficking chairwoman Rosi Orozco said. Approximately 50% of those trafficked are children and teenagers. Orozco reported that only two Mexican states have handed down convictions for child pornography and only 19 jurisdictions in the entire nation of Mexico have laws against child pornography. Orozco introduced a bill in August 2011 to ban and punish people trafficking; it is still awaiting action.
First Lady Margarita Calderon stated that Mexico must bolster its judicial and public safety institutions to fight people trafficking and child pornography.
Child sex trafficking also thrives in communities across Arizona and along the Southwest border where vulnerable young girls and children as young as 13 years old are exploited and often abducted from their schools and local shopping malls. To add to this tragic fact, these children are physically and emotionally scarred for life. Many of them are sold and smuggled to parts unknown to be discarded later as used merchandise never to be found again.
O LORD, You have heard the cry of the afflicted; You will strengthen their heart, You will incline Your ear to vindicate and free the orphan, the captive and the oppressed, so that man will no longer cause them terror (A prayer fashioned from Psalms 10:17).
Heavenly Father, awaken me to these horrible realities beyond my sight. Give me a deep and godly compassion for the fatherless, the enslaved and the oppressed.
Protect Congresswoman Rosi Orozco and give favor nationally for her bill to stop child sexual exploitation; that legislation will come quickly. Continue to pray for Ms. Orozco's success in her in fight against sex trafficking (Psalms 82:3-4).
To put an end to those producers of child pornography. For the sexual exploitation business to be shut down and be put out of business.
For those addicted to pornography to come to Christ Jesus and be forgiven, set freed and delivered.
The Mexican security forces have arrested 11 alleged members of the country's most powerful drug gang, the Sinaloa cartel. They said those detained worked for Joaquin "Shorty" Guzman, the most wanted man in Mexico. They were arrested during a helicopter raid on a ranch in the north-western state of Durango on Friday. During the raid, elite troops killed the regional leader of the gang, Luis Alberto Cabrera Sarabia. The security forces said his death was a severe blow to the Sinaloa cartel's operations in Durango and Chihuahua. Mr. Cabrera Sarabia is accused of having controlled much of the drug trafficking in the two northern states.
We continue to pray for the capture of Joaqin El Chapo "Shorty" Guzman. We declare he WILL be captured this year!”
TheCRY Hollywood, March 15, 2012
THECRY HEART: TheCRY Hollywood full day of prayer, fasting and worship in the heart of Hollywood. The focus is to call the world to bless what God is doing in entertainment media both in Hollywood and globally. We believe there is tremendous power in blessing and speaking life. We believe there is power in prayer and fasting. We believe there is power in lifting up the name of Jesus in anointed and pure worship. We believe God loves Hollywood and has an important plan for her in this hour of human history. We believe that as Christians, both locally and from across the world, unite in prayer in the heart of Hollywood God will do exceedingly above all we can ask or Imagine. We believe.
We are very excited about TheCRY on March 15th and wanted to genuinely invite you all to be a part of it in any way you feel led. We so honor the Body of Christ and recognized the tremendous work each one of you has done in raising up prayer in the area. Again, we want to say how grateful we are for you. As you have been faithful on your post it has impacted the world because of the calling on Hollywood, LA and Southern California.
We do pray that TheCRY Hollywood will be a source of tremendous blessing and strength to all the Lord is doing in the Hollywood community and entertainment media. We look forward to walking together with you towards March 15th! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at all! We would be honored to connect.
Faytene Grasseschi (Kryskow) firstname.lastname@example.org
Pray and Thanksgiving for Hollywood
• Praise God for seven ways He is blessing our industry and community
• Praise God for seven of our HPN Local Chapter Directors around the world
• Thank God for screener season
• Thank God for the people who work at Theme Parks across the world
• Thank God for Christians who are producing independent films
• Thank the Lord that some parts of the business are doing well
• Thank God for creative people who also use their art to reach out to others
• Thank God that TV can be used to honor people
• Thank God for the gift of entertainment
• Thank God for Christians who understand how important Hollywood is to Him
• Thank the Lord for his miraculous healing hand
• Thank God that Justin Bieber is a Christian
· Praise God for the growing Christian community in Hollywood – now over 6,000 strong.
· Praise God for the many Entertainment ministries that are meeting the needs of thousands of Christians and non-believers through their work. HERE is a link to the list of Hollywood ministries.
· Praise God for the many non-believers who have Christian friends and associates (solid ambassadors) to faithfully teach them about God and Jesus.
· Praise God for our HPN Local Chapter leaders across the country and the world, who are praying with us, mobilizing others to pray and inviting God into the lives of the world’s entertainment professionals. Click HERE to check them out.
· Praise God that there are solid Christians in key leadership, mentoring and decision-making positions in Hollywood.
· Praise God for the growing number of mentorships happening between Christian young professionals and experienced professionals which hold people accountable, encourage and inspire one another and prepare talented believers to be in leadership positions in the near future.
· Praise God that we are seeing miracles in this industry, and experiencing God moving in the world’s most influential mission field.
From the Hollywood Prayer Network
PRAYER UPDATE FOR THE MESSIAH MOVIE
For the past 3 1/2 years, a team of Christian filmmakers in Hollywood has been working diligently on developing plans for a feature film that has the potential to be the most spiritually significant movie ever made. The film is called The Messiah, and it picks up where The Passion left off. It naturally and powerfully communicates the Gospel message of Jesus Christ - from the Cross, through the Resurrection, to Pentecost (planned release Christmas 2013 or Easter 2014).
Budgeted at $100 million USD, with state-of-the-art special effects, including being shot in 3D, The Messiah will be an epic film that will wow audiences (by comparison The Passion’s budget was $30 million USD). And for the first time in history, the born-again experience, what it means to have a personal relationship with God, will be shown on screen. This means the Gospel message will be communicated in a way that everyone can understand regardless of education or language, and because it will be a mainstream blockbuster movie, it truly will reach everywhere in the world.
To learn more, please see The Messiah
Also, we encourage you to read the quotes
from Christian leaders and prominent Hollywood filmmakers who have read the script and have been involved with guiding the project.
The Messiah is in the final stages of funding. A number of investors are currently reviewing our plans and making their final decision on whether to fund the movie.
We are calling on Christians throughout the world to pray for The Messiah and this unprecedented opportunity to leverage a state-of-the-art feature film to take the Gospel to the ends of the Earth.
Please pray that:
1. God would move the hearts of the potential investors to fund The Messiah.
2. God would lead the team involved to make the highest quality, God-honoring, God-glorifying, feature film ever made.
3. God would leverage The Messiah once it is released to take the Gospel message to the ends of the Earth and 100’s of millions of people would be saved, and would trigger a worldwide Revival.
4. God would raise up more than a million people to pray regularly for The Messiah.
And the gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. (Matthew 24:14)
Joe Bardwell email@example.com
The Call Detroit 11.11.11
All road signs are pointing to Detroit, Michigan for The Call Detroit. God is gathering His intercessors from across the nation to pray and fast and seek His face for a move of His spirit in our Nation. We need you to join with us. Don't be left out of what God is doing in this hour. America needs an Awakening! Join us as we turn Ford Field into a 24 hour prayer furnace...a "house of prayer for people". When there seems to be no solutions, God still has a holy prescription...CALL A FAST!!! See you in Detroit!!! For more information go to: http://www.thecall.com/Groups/1000080537/TheCall/Events/Detroit/Detroit.aspx
All road signs are pointing to Detroit, Michigan for The Call Detroit. God is gathering His intercessors from across the nation to pray and fast and seek His face for a move of His spirit in our Nation. We need you to join with us. Don't be left out of what God is doing in this hour. America needs an Awakening! Join us as we turn Ford Field into a 24 hour prayer furnace...a "house of prayer for people". When there seems to be no solutions, God still has a holy prescription...CALL A FAST!!! See you in Detroit!!! For more information go to: http://www.thecall.com/Groups/1000080537/TheCall/Events/Detroit/Detroit.aspx
On November 11–12, 2011, thousands from across America will gather to Ford Field (Home of the Detroit Lions) to fast, pray and cry out to God. We will gather to this city that has become a microcosm of our national crisis—economic collapse, racial tension, the rising tide of the Islamic movement, and the shedding of innocent blood of our children in the streets and of our unborn.
But the place where they say there is no hope, God has chosen as His staging ground for a great communal healing and His house of prayer for all nations. Therefore, we are calling the nation to a 24-hour solemn assembly, daring to believe that Detroit’s desperation can produce a prayer that can change a nation.
Come and take your place on the wall in Detroit, where we will ask God to send fire on our hearts, to forgive our national guilt and establish justice in our land.
May God fill you with a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him!
Prayer in the U.S. Congress
“They say nothing good happens in Washington today. I beg to differ.
Granted, it's easy to become cynical about current events in the nation's capital. The polls tell us that voters are tired of Washington politics amid the constant clamor of problems and solutions. While the pundits claim that "Washington is broken," candidates in both parties run on the pledge to "fix" Washington.
But there is something good going on in Washington, and you won't find it highlighted on the 6 o'clock evening news. Prayer is happening. Not just the prayers of those who gather outside the Capitol to protest or rally (although those prayers are important too), but prayers from within the Capitol itself - our lawmakers! A bi-partisan group of 94 Members
- all elected congressmen and women - meet regularly to pray before votes are cast on the floor. Known as The Congressional Prayer Caucus, the group formed in 2005 and is now an official Caucus of the United States House of Representatives. According to Founder and Co-chairman Congressman J. Randy Forbes of Virginia, the Members recognize "the role that prayer has played in strengthening the fabric of our society throughout our more than 200-year history."
I don't know about you, but this makes me feel hopeful. Following the examples set by Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln, this group exists to acknowledge the importance of the role of our Creator, our nation's dependence on prayer, and the reality of God's presence woven throughout America's history since its founding…
We can only pray that those who participate in the Caucus would vote in a manner according to God's will, and that our country would elect more representatives who would increase and enrich the group's fellowship. Let's lift up these current Caucus Members in prayer…let's pray for them specifically as a group and as individuals. Click on the following link to use the list of current Members to intercede for them by name:
Serving in Washington can be a perilous job for believers today. These men and women need our prayers to remain strong in their faith, true to their word, and aligned with God's plans for this nation. Is Washington broken? Certainly not all of it. praise God!”
Dave Kubal, Intercessors for America
Historic U.S. Supreme Court Agenda
“Please pray that the Supreme Court will serve our country without a trace of deceit. Intercede that no private interpretation in any legislation will stand and that our freedoms will remain intact. Pray that God would give the justices on the Supreme Court His wisdom to grasp the ramifications of their decisions. Ask for unity in our country and for unprecedented discernment on state and federal matters.
The 2011-12 term of the U.S. Supreme Court started on Monday, October 3. Many items are being slated for review by this historic U.S. Supreme Court.
1) GPS: Whether police need a warrant from a judge to attach a GPS device to a car to track its movements for extended periods. United States v. Jones. Antoine Jones was a Washington, D.C., nightclub owner and suspected drug dealer. So as part of their investigation, officers attached a Global Positioning Satellite tracing device on a Jeep driven by Jones.
2) Strip Search: Whether jails can strip-search all newly booked inmates without evidence that they are concealing contraband.
3) Profanity: Whether the Federal Communications Commission’s rules on indecency which prohibit radio and television stations from broadcasting patently offensive words and depictions of sexual activities, are unconstitutionally vague.
The case, FCC v. Fox Television, will examine whether the FCC’s indecency enforcement procedures violate the First and Fifth Amendments. At issue is the government’s attempt to police the public airwaves to prevent not only obscene material but also indecent communications offensive to a family-oriented audience.
4) Church and State: In an important case involving the First Amendment’s separation of church and state, the justices will consider whether a former teacher at a Lutheran elementary school can sue the church-run school for alleged disability discrimination and retaliation. The case is Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church and School v. EEOC and Cheryl Perich.
School officials argue that the lawsuit is barred under the “ministerial exception,” a legal doctrine which blocks employment-related lawsuits against religious organizations filed by employees who perform important religious functions.
5) Disputed Status of Jerusalem: Because Jerusalem is a major source of disagreement in Middle East peace talks, the U.S. government has tried to remain neutral on the Jerusalem issue. As a result, children born in Jerusalem to U.S. Citizens are listed on birth documents as having been born in Jerusalem. No country is noted on the State Department documents. Pro-Israeli members of Congress who disagree with this posture, sponsored and passed a law directing the State Department to record the place of birth as Jerusalem, Israel.
Besides these issues, there are several other topics for review.
Obamacare – States and a business group opposed to the Obamacare overhaul asked the Supreme Court for a speedy ruling that puts an end to the law aimed at extending insurance coverage to more than 30 million people…The ACA requires every American to purchase a government-approved level of health insurance or pay a penalty.
This Supreme Court is in a position to leave a giant footprint on public policy in the coming year.”
Excerpted from Intercessors for America – www.IFAPray.org
Revenge Attacks after American Cleric Death
Ask the Lord to protect the U.S. from any revenge attacks that may be planned by Moslems. Ask that the Lord would give intelligence sources sharp knowledge and understanding of harmful actions that could be planned. The Lord is our strength and shield. Look to Him as our strong tower.
“Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just; for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.” (Psalms 7:9)
Excerpted from Intercessors for America – www.IFAPray.org
No results. Please search again.